Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Tuesday theft = Todays purchase

My first post on this board, hello all!

I'll start with this. For the last year I have been using an x50 and have LOVED it. Before that I had been using no name lesser brands that really were quite worthless in hindsight. I remember the first time driving around with the x50 there were so many less falses compared to the RMR I previously owned. I loved me x50 . . . . .

Tuesday I wake up to the police calling me. I've been robbed. I go outside to find two police with my car, doors and trunk wide open, x50, subs, deck, and Apex'I SAFCII all gone, not to mention the little things, leatherman, 512MB CF card etc.

When I got the x50 i was curious about the V1, but the x50 was a gift I helped pick out. Since tuesday I have read hundreds of reviews. Lots of V1 owners still like the x50, and lots of x50 owners like the V1. So I ordered it. I have a long road trip coming up in a week so that will be my true test. If it doesn't perform, back it goes for a new x50.

And this time, no leaving expensive things in the car. . . .

-Doug

P.S. I'll let all know my thoughts about the comparison in a couple of weeks.

Power User

man bummer, a good finish to a crap situation, my car is loaded with goodies on the inside id frweak if it got stolen...maybee you should invest in a good paging alarm like i have....

welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your stay..

where are you from??

Professional

Default Re: Tuesday theft = Todays purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesys
    I have a long road trip coming up in a week so that will be my true test. If it doesn't perform, back it goes for a new x50.
    Welcome to the board. I recommend "L" mode for your city and suburb driving. Save "A" mode for when you are out in the country with no stores, shopping centers, and businesses around. Set the volume knob at full and the mute control to about the 3'o clock position. If you get a loud alert and want to reduce the volume, press in on the volume knob quickly and it will change to the setting of the mute ring.

Enjoy the arrows. When the side arrow lights up, you should be very close to the radar source.

Ed

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by stalker
    where are you from??
    I live in Kennewick Washington. Born and raised. Recently graduated WSU with a Bachelor of Science Computer Science.

And yeah, a paging alarm system would be nice, but at this point I haven't anything to protect in the car and I wont be leaving the V1 in it for any sort of reason. Deck is getting replaced with a stock deck, getting too old for subs, and the AFC, I just want to cry about that one. Not to mention I'm awaiting a loan responce from the bank for a new car. . .

Thought I would also add this. I leave within 30 miles of the Orgeon, and on commutes to Portland from here it is typically quicker to hit I-84 (through northern OR right along the Columbia River.) X Band is commonly used on this stretch of road at least, and Laser. In fact, not once have I gotten a legit K / Ka band on I84.

Power User

Cool, I was in seattle a month or so ago...nice state wasington is....

Speed Demon

It sucks to get stuff rip off. Thiefts love small objects. People say lock it in your glove box. That might help but its best to take valueables in with you. You can buy a gun vault that slides under your seat. That might be a option?

Lead Foot

Man that sucks...

This is what i do:
    I have my amp installed under my passenger seat, so they physically have to take out the seat to get it.
    I always remove my deck and place it either on me or somewhere safe.
    I always remove my radar detector and place it somewhere safe and leave the suction cups on there (up by the rearview mirror they arent very noticable.
    I have my vin number programmed into my deck (i have the alpine 9855 and it has the i-personalize thingie)
    Register your equiptment All serial numbers (both external and internal) will be traced eventually.

Or you can get a nasty rep around town (heh heh heh) and have no one even think of touching your car

I hope they catch the fudders!

Sorry for your loss and I hope you love your new V1

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by stalker
    man bummer, a good finish to a crap situation, my car is loaded with goodies on the inside id frweak if it got stolen...maybee you should invest in a good paging alarm like i have....

welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your stay..

where are you from??

Yes get a good alarm and a baseball bat just in case you catch em' in the act, I hate those little ba$tard's that steal from other's all they need is a good a$$ kicking!! :twisted:

Experienced

Well, I think that the best protector is living. Some years ago I went to the countryside with my friend. He has a pit-bull and we turned in to a shopping center. His dog was slept behind front seats. When we arrived back to his car, the driver's door was opened, nothing is missing but there was a shred with some drop of blood and his dog looked at us very innocently...

Radar Fanatic

sorry about that buddy, let us know how the comparison goes

i had the x50 but it sold before the v1 arrived, would have wanted to compare them

from my experience it seems the v1 is better but thats my $400 less bank account telling me that