Newcomer

Default V1 Saved my Arse 3 times last night coming home, Longish....

I was driving home last night between 8 and 10 PM and the WV State Troopers were out in full effect. The V1 saved me 3 times and 2 of them were very memorable and only one of the troopers was being sneaky with the instant on.

The first encounter was in a construction zone with a roadside radar unit. I always get 1 on the bogey counter and pick of the K band radar around 1.7 miles out. Last night a got a 2 on the counter that got stronger as I approached. The old boy was tucked off to the side in the construction zone. No luck for him as I slowed accordingly.

The second encounter was at a familiar area (Mile marker 46 Servia Rd. on I 79 north if anyone knows WV interstates) He actually had someone pulled over in the same spot on my way north and I got a ticket there (pre V1 days in my 99 Ford Taurus, 83 in a 70 but I got that one fixed from a friend of mine) Anyway I was running 88mph and I got 1 little K band chirp and hammered the brakes. I traveled an additional 1.2 miles and there he was totally dark in the grass median and he hit me with the instant on. My wife and I cheered and the V1 got her second kiss of the night. I wonder if a lesser Radar detector wouldn't have picked up his earlier blast on a car in the opposite direction? I mean 1 little 1 bar chirp and she sniffed him out. He was def going to ruin someones Saturday night because he was totally invisible until you were toast!!!

The 3rd and final encounter came about 10 minutes from my house jsut north of Elkview on I 79 South. He was totally black as well and hidden behind the Pillars of a bridge. He had his K band on while approaching so I picked him out a long ways out and he had no chance. The V1 gets her 3rd kiss of the evening and my wife votes for the last Trooper for "Best Hiding Spot."

We saw 3 other troopers with prople pulled over so they were certainly out. We traveled 185 miles in 2 Hours and 16 minutes. No too shabby and the kids slept the entrire trip home.

Radar Fanatic

Cool,

I bet if you make that first one a bit longer and more detailed - you could submit it for moment of the month to v1.

Old Timer

Default X2

X2

Experienced

Last night V1 saved me twice. But later I was driving at 75 in 65 zones and one LEO just passed me from the behind but I didn't get a single alert. I don't know whether my L1 stopped working or LEO is off the duty and going home or not used the gun? What do you guys think?

Experienced

Default Re: X2

BTW ..What is X2?
    Quote Originally Posted by proudNMAmember
    X2

Professional

It means that you are the 2nd or whatever number person to agree with the statement.

Ace