Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Do they care anymore???

Friday:
    S I was on Route 50 in VA heading towards Chantilly, I was going down a 2o5 MPH zone and I was going down a hill (Main street right near the court for you locals) and there was a FFX Co. motorcycle cop waiting at the middle of the hill and I was first in the line of the cars and I watch as the cop stares me down and looks right at me and I see my the coiled black cord from my V1. All I was thinking was "I'm F*cked" and i pass him look in my RVM and watch as hes just stares at me going by and then turns back to watch more upcoming traffic.

Today:
    On the same road going to work after I get some stuff done at school and I was waiting at a light. The light I am waiting at is LONG as hell so I look to my left and I see this '00-'03 Viper and my eyes were glued to the car. So I was watching the car and I look behind the Viper and there behind him was Virginia's finest state trooper RIGHT BEHIND the Viper. I scramble to get my sun visor down to cover my V1 and then I look back and notice that there is a long line cars behind the State Trooper so there was no way that he just got there. I pretty sure he saw it.

On Route 7 heading towards Leesburg I was driving along and I look behind me and and I notice that there is a unmarked cop car, I could tell by his clothes, and by looking at the center of his car that had the lights. I am 100% sure he saw my V1 and didn't pull me over.

Now what the hell is going on do the Cops in VA, especially in FFX Co. not caring for RD or do they don't care anymore or something....????? I know for a fact that my V1 is pretty much in plain view when you are behind me .

Professional

205mph :shock: sorry no v1 can save you!!

Quote Originally Posted by NikkaLB23
    I was going down a 2o5 MPH zone and I was going down a hill

Newcomer

where do you have your V1 mounted? i also travel in nova a lot and I am starting to think that often they really can't see your radar detector. I don't believe they are looking for one in every car... also, some are nice and won't pull you over for something like that when your other driving conditions are fine.

Newcomer

also if you are ever looking for a cop to test your V1 on just drive down sutton road in front of oakton high school (next to vienna metro station) and 8/10 times there will be an unmarked cop shooting either laser or KA

Yoda of Radar

You live in an area where RD's are illegal and you don't have your RD Hardwired? Not to mention the V1 comes with a hardwire kit!

Well with that said... I heard its a minor violation in VA, so maybe they just dont want to take the time to do a ton of paperwork for a measily RD infraction. (Thats my guess).

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by WRC
    205mph :shock: sorry no v1 can save you!!
    hahahahaha, didn't proof read my post I meant 25, sorry....

Quote Originally Posted by mirwin
    where do you have your V1 mounted? i also travel in nova a lot and I am starting to think that often they really can't see your radar detector. I don't believe they are looking for one in every car... also, some are nice and won't pull you over for something like that when your other driving conditions are fine.
    Yeah NOVA is where I am at and I travel a lot in ffx co. and LoCo (Loudoun) so i make sure I put my V1 mounted nice and high on the left side of my RVM so if I see a cop I can put down my sun visor when I see one.

I think you're right I don't drive too crazy no more than 10 over PSL on Route 50, too many cops on that road anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mirwin
    also if you are ever looking for a cop to test your V1 on just drive down sutton road in front of oakton high school (next to vienna metro station) and 8/10 times there will be an unmarked cop shooting either laser or KA
    I'm gonna try that someday when I have no work or anything to do. When are they most likely on the road? Well I was coming from Route 28 and I went towards Sterling and then went towards Leesbrg and I saw from a distance a motorcycle cops and I slowed down I saw him draw up his laser gun and shot the person in front of me and my V1 went off; but even if I didn't have my V1 any dumbaZZ would have seen him from a freakin mile away (literally!!!!!). I noticed that wow you need to be quite close for them to get you with laser. I don't wanna base this one exprience with laser with all of them because I mean situations differ

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore
    You live in an area where RD's are illegal and you don't have your RD Hardwired? Not to mention the V1 comes with a hardwire kit!

Well with that said... I heard its a minor violation in VA, so maybe they just dont want to take the time to do a ton of paperwork for a measily RD infraction. (Thats my guess).
    Yeah don't have my V1 hardwired because I had paid my friend to hardwire it the same week I bought it and my car was acting up so I know this car I have is gonna die pretty soon so I am gonna run it till it dies then I am going to get something new (Evo IX MR!!!!) and hardwire it in that car; makes no sense to waste my time to hardwire it into a car that I won't have for too long.

My guess is the same....too much paperwork for something that doesn't invovle points or a court appearnce.

Yoda of Radar

You do know...

You can use the Cig adaptor...

And run a 10-15foot (flat) Phone cord (with RJ-11 connections), right from the cig adaptor to your RD... it will take like 15 minutes to conceal... and easy to do yourself to get the Hardwire look, without the hardwire hassle.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore
    You do know...

You can use the Cig adaptor...

And run a 10-15foot (flat) Phone cord (with RJ-11 connections), right from the cig adaptor to your RD... it will take like 15 minutes to conceal... and easy to do yourself to get the Hardwire look, without the hardwire hassle.

XXXXXX

Yoda of Radar

AirPort says it all...

Many RD's are known to (heavily) false on laser around Airports.