Radar Fanatic

Default Need advice from V1 owners

I just got a new V1...

Any tips and tricks on how to use... what mode fits best for secific driving conditions?

Mounting and storage?

Having used an X50... i think detection is better and who can not like the ARROWS!

Old Timer

Well, I would say mount high, laser detection shouldnt be a concern. 3 out of the 4 times I have been hit with laser with the v1 it has alerted me with it mounted high. Never a pre-warning as of yet, but then again I dont need one since I got the blinder.

So, my 2 cents is to mount high. Stock settings are pretty good as they are.

Radar Fanatic

V1 is my only protection, you still think mounting high is the best? no blinder or anything

Old Timer

Yes I do. When you are being hit with a laser, the v1 will alert you even while its mounted high, so the mounting low will not give you any sort of advantage. The entire point of mounting low is to detect when you are being hit with laser. Mounting high will also give you more of a chance of a pre warning on laser detection, and also better detection range. So my vote is to mount high, because there is no sense in mounting low with a v1

Founder of Stealthvation

and keep the darn thing on "L" Advanced Logic mode at ALL TIMES
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

I concur with the other high-mounters. So far I haven't missed a laser hit and I keep it up by the rear-view mirror.

Professional

another vote for mounting the V1 high, next to the rear view mirror. Keep it on L mode and hardwire it if you can.

Do this and God will be your co-pilot.

Cheetah Rep

I also agree with the high mount.
    Now as for keeping it in "L" mode at all times, i don't completely agree.

It depends on where you are driving and what combination of settings you have enabled.
    Check my thread on the tests i did with the different modes, and how they affect performance. I should be wrapping up the results shortly.
    I also did a quick video yesterday showing how these settings affect the V1 from close range full alerts. i'm editing that and hope to have it up soon.
    To give a hint, i went from instant alert in "A" mode, to dead silence up to and next to the source in "L" mode. Now this is the extreme of the two ends of the settings. There are still plenty in the middle that you can use in "L" mode, i just would be hesitant to use them on the open highway. It goes to show that the wrong combination of settings and you won't be alerted at all, not even close range.

http://www.radardetector.net/Testing...nput.-721t.php

I would say position the windshield mount so it is just above the tint band and holds the V1 just below the tint band, and make it as close to the rearview mirror without it blocking your view as possible.

I have gotten a few laser warnings where the laser was pointed at somebody in front of me, so it is possible to get a useful warning. It just depends on who the police target first.

Finally, keep it in big "L" in the city and "A" on the highway. I sometimes use little "L" on backroads or main routes that aren't high-speed roads.