Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Power User

Default Stalker Dual Verdict

Before i start and write my findings regarding the Stalker Dual experience tonight, i would like to give tribute to the fallen men and women in uniform. I couple years ago, i enrolled in our local Citizens Police Academy where we had a good time learning what police work is all about and most of all it was fun - doing raid tactics, felony arrrest, juvinile court and riding with them doing traffic stops and booking DUI suspects . After graduating, i surely have high respect for individuals in uniform. Early today while i was seeing a patient of mine, i saw a breaking news that a state trooper will be put to rest in my neighboring county where i work after being shot at and died from his wounds because of possible drugs and "illigal immigration" . Suspect was only 17 y/o. As i got home tonight, i can't help but check out the news about this particular trooper that died and my heart sunk after knowing what had happened. If your local police dept. has a citizens police academy, i encourage you to join and see what police work is all about. They surely put their lives in danger. If they stop you for traffic violation, best thing to do is to cooperate for your safety and the officer's safety. I know we talk about them here in this forum as far as radar subject is concern, but we ought to respect them in what they do. I also kow there are bad cops out there but it is only a fraction of a lot of good guys in uniform.

Here's my verdict with the stalkers dual experience tonight.

I was getting ready to make a left turn to enter the interstate hwy as soon as traffic would allow. While waiting, i saw 1,2,3 4 state trooper cruisers making a right entering the interstate(their radars were off - V1 had no alert). I followed shortly after traffic was clear. After driving 15 mins of driving, i got a short beep and had 1 then 2 dots on the signal strength bar and shortly after got a double bogey arrows pointing to the rear. At this point it never occured to me about the news i heard earlier about the trooper's death. The signal was very slowly getting stronger. I noticed a couple of state trooper cruisers passing by as i continue to drive but signal was still at 2 or 3. It was doing that for about almost 10 miles.

I finally thought about finding what radar is causing the V1 to have double bogeys and remembered that my X50 was in the glove box - my X50 just won't stick on the windshield and had to finally put it in the glove box. With the V1 still having 2 or 3 bars Ka alert and the X50 now was on set at spec mode, the X50 never made a beep. Well i thought i had it facing forward because i wanted to see the frequency. So I turned the X50 around to have it facing forward - i was using my right hand to do this while driving. To my surprise, there was still no alert from my X50. Not until it got to 3,4 bars did the X50 started to give an alert slow at 1,2 bars with frequency reading of 34.771 and after a couple mins, both the X50 and V1 got stronger alert to full alert when 5 state trooper bikers came flying by. Finally i was able to know that the V1 gets a double bogey with the stalkers and also realized what was going on. State troopers from out of state and our state came by to respect their fallen comrade.

Half way on my way home with several state troopers passing by me, after seveal mins. of no activity with my V1, a ka alert started. At this point i already had turned off my X50 because i got tired holding it. So i started the X50 again and did the same thing i did before. Again, the V1 alerted the me but the X50 did not even with the radra unit facing to the rear. This time i put the X50 in expert mode to see if it will show 2 bogeys. I got the same results as far as alert response - the V1 alert me before the X50 did until i got a 3-4 bars on the V1. Surprisingly, the X50 only showed 1 bogey at full alert. This time, it was a state trooper cruiser.

If their respect to their fellow trooper was not shown today, i would have not posted this experience tonight and i give tribute to all men and women in uniform who risk their lives in the line of duty.

I responded in your X50 thread. But don't forget, running two RDs at one time may cause interference to one another. Also, if you have just turned on the X50, it takes a little bit before picking up a signal. I know this because I parked in front of a motion sensor door and turned my RD off then back on and it took about about 30-60 seconds before it gave the alert. That's my .02

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by atruelunatic
    I responded in your X50 thread. But don't forget, running two RDs at one time may cause interference to one another. Also, if you have just turned on the X50, it takes a little bit before picking up a signal. I know this because I parked in front of a motion sensor door and turned my RD off then back on and it took about about 30-60 seconds before it gave the alert. That's my .02
    There is a possibility that interference may have played a role but is very slim. Explain to me why the X50 will show a double bogey with my Kustom Golden Eagle Ka band radar with the V1 on at the same time or with the V1 off with only one antenna. I know how long it takes to let the X50 go off after startup. Remember, i was holding the X50 facing forward for quite a while. If you read my post carefully, it took a while for the trooper's in motorcycle to catch up and same thing with the cruiser.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Stalker Dual Verdict

Quote Originally Posted by Azonehits
    If their respect to their fellow trooper was not shown today, i would have not posted this experience tonight and i give tribute to all men and women in uniform who risk their lives in the line of duty.
    You know what they say, live by the sword, die by the sword :?
    RR

Radar Fanatic

Azone,
    My V1 3.825 used to show double bogeys with stalkers. I got it updated to 3.826 and poof, problem solved. Now I have it updated to 3.858 and it shows only one bogey per encounter. Unless of course, there are truely more than one. Also, my X50 Rev. 5 shows 2 bogeys with the eagle units near my home. If you have PoP on, it will false a PoP alert when passing by them. (Eagles) Hope this helps, Scott

Old Timer

Why is it that the X50 takes for ever to start alerting when you turn it on or change something in the menu. It's kind of annoying whenever I switch between display modes. Do the dual Stalkers have different frequencies on each anttenae?

It's a sad day when a man or woman in uniform is killed. As "bad" as they may seem when they give out tickets, I like to think of it as a sort of game I like to play (and hopefully they should as well :P . No harm should come to these great people.

Power User

I was able to find out that the stalker DSR uses 2 microwave circuits and 2 amplification/digitalization providing 2 doppler signals simultaneously. This may be the reason why we get a double bogey with the V1 from the stalkers radar signal. Here's the link.

http://www.mega-technical.com/downlo...talker-DSR.pdf

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azonehits
    I was able to find out that the stalker DSR uses 2 microwave circuits and 2 amplification/digitalization providing 2 doppler signals simultaneously. This may be the reason why we get a double bogey with the V1 from the stalkers radar signal. Here's the link.

http://www.mega-technical.com/downlo...talker-DSR.pdf
    Nope. Each antenna is capable of transmitting only one signal, and will show only one bogie (except in cases of overload etc). The technology they are discussing in that section of the brocure deals with a special method of processing what is received.

Power User

Was able to confirm that the stalker dual radar can cause the V1 to show double bogey from a trooper cruiser that was parked in a quick lube parking lot with his radar turned on. Had a chance to look at it up close. I can't believe these units are getting smaller and i thought my golden eagle unit was already small enough.

Speed Demon

I was on the Thruway last week and there was a Trooper with constant on in both directions and I got two showing up on my V1.