Professional

Default ~ NO Power = MORE Sensitivity ~

Hi Everyone,

I was curious of everyone's opinion on this. When I turn off my V1 and then unplug it then turn the knob back on and leave it like that all night it seems to be super super sensitive to X and K band in the morning when I just plug it back in. Before on a known X band false I got 0.6 from the first steady alert to full blast. After I did this the first time I got a good mile from the first steady alert. 0.4 miles earlier is the difference.

It seems to reset the unit someway. Has anyone else done this and noticed this same affect? Please chime in

Ace

Good Citizen

ill have to try that..

Experienced

I thought I recall something about jim saying something about air density. Don't remember but it gets better reception in morning... Jim?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by StealthyPhantom
    I thought I recall something about jim saying something about air density. Don't remember but it gets better reception in morning... Jim?
    I said that in the morning while it is cool and there is less moistuire in the air, you might notice more range against known falses than you get later in the day when it warms up and gets more humid, since moisture in the air can reduce the radar. Whether that is what is happening in this case, hard to say...

Professional

Well it seems to last throughout the day and as long as I do it every night. If I stop it starts going back to "normal" range say. I just find it weird that it would do this/ Maybe I will keep it off and turn it on in the afternoon and see what I find. Will report the findings. Thanks Jim

Ace

Good Citizen

That brings up a question I've been having: Does everyone turn the knob to turn the detector off before turning the car off? Would not doing this have an effect?

I turn mine on/off manually each time.

On a probably unrelated side-note, my false spots change and are different at different times of the day.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Taco
    That brings up a question I've been having: Does everyone turn the knob to turn the detector off before turning the car off? Would not doing this have an effect?

I turn mine on/off manually each time.

On a probably unrelated side-note, my false spots change and are different at different times of the day.
    I don't think you have anything to worry about.