I have two valentine 1 (3 years old) units.
The following has occured to me several times in the past couple of months and with both units/cars.
1. I am in moderate traffic (some cars ahead and behind).
2. I see the cop pointing the gun in my general direction. He is in the "shooter" pose and not the usual ka/X band "reading" pose. Meaning, I can see him pointing the hand held gun.
3. Obviously, I cannot tell whether or not he has been engaging the trigger. Its quite possible that he might be just waiting for the visual clue of a speeding car - rather than simply shooting the gun at all oncoming cars. Some how, i get the feeling that he has been shooting at the cars ahead, at and behind me but I don't know that for sure of course.
4. my valentine 1 is quiet. It is usually in L mode.
5. I don't know whether he was using laser or some other type of device.
1. What is POP mode. I have just sent my unit for an upgrade to pop mode etc. Could this be the problem?