Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V1 vs FHP Laser

Manufacturer

Default V1 vs FHP Laser

Couple of nights ago (at 11pm) I was cruisin' on I-75S in Florida at about 15 over when my V1 alerted to laser for about 5 seconds with no other cars too close to me.

I was driving a white Pontiac G6 with no countermeasures installed and was able to outbrake 'em...no ticket.

Sure enough several moments later I saw the cruiser in the median. Targeting occured at about 1500 feet away from him.

Thanks VR for making a terrific laser detector.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Founder of Stealthvation

Default Re: V1 vs FHP Laser

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy
    Couple of nights ago (at 11pm) I was cruisin' on I-75S in Florida at about 15 over when my V1 alerted to laser for about 5 seconds with no other cars too close to me.

I was driving a white Pontiac G6 with no countermeasures installed and was able to outbrake 'em...no ticket.

Sure enough several moments later I saw the cruiser in the median. Targeting occured at about 1500 feet away from him.

Thanks VR for making a terrific laser detector.

Veil Guy 8)
    Amen to that. Their laser detection is INCREDIBLE. Now only if their radar detection capability was as far ahead of the game as their laser detection :cry:
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Good Citizen

Default Re: V1 vs FHP Laser

I was driving a white Pontiac G6 with no countermeasures installed
    Veil Guy 8)
    Veil Guy, no... Veil? Or does that go without saying :?:

Manufacturer

Actually not this time around, it was a rental that I had for several days.

I have been informed that FHP may have just started laser in a big way, may be Stalker, after a bulk purchase. The officer may have been relatively inexperienced with the new equipment, hence my good fortune.

I expect to be traveling to FL again in about two weeks time, again with a rental. This time I will be taking some VEIL (and the V1) and using it on the rental now that the likelihood of coming across laser in FL has increased significantly.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Radar Fanatic

And the company won't care that you're putting veil on their car?

Professional

Default huh?

Now only if their radar detection capability was as far ahead of the game as their laser detection
    You saying V-1 lacks in radar sensitivity as a whole?

Manufacturer

How would they even know? Of course I would remove it before returning it. :wink:

Veil Guy 8)

Manufacturer

happya$$,

How could you envision "better"?

Personally, I find the radar section of the V1 to be as good as it gets (along with the other top performing detectors, you know which).

The fact that the differences are minimal [with radar] is a testament to the fact that other companies have finally caught up with VR on that score (its taken many years to do so, in fact).

I frankly, wouldn't want any greater range on a detector, if that's what you meant by "better." Why? Because I tend to discount any alerts after a certain amount of time. In otherwords, I don't care to want to know that radar is being operated 10 miles down the road. In 5+ minutes I will have certainly forgotten about a sole alert in that distance and if I happen to be cruising at speed, I honestly don't have the patience to "crawl" at a lower speed waiting for the 10 miles to click by.

Are advances like predictive alerting (due to GPS data) cool? Sounds promising. But as a pure detector, I can't fathom how much better its performance could be with radar. :wink:

If one were to open one and examine the quality of build of a V1 (thickness of circuit boards, etc.), it would be easy to appreciate what you get for your money with 'em.

[Some] companies come out with "new" models every year, but are they really "improved" from the previous model years?

When I think of a Valentine, I think Porche 911. That model has changed [fundamentally] relatively little over its long life and has stayed true to its roots. [For you high-end audiophiles, think the SME Type 5 tonearm].

Why? Simple. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :wink:

Veil Guy 8)

Banned

happya$$,

How could you envision "better"?

Personally, I find the radar section of the V1 to be as good as it gets (along with the other top performing detectors, you know which).

The fact that the differences are minimal [with radar] is a testiment to the fact that other companies have finally caught up with VR on that score (its taken many years to do so, in fact).

I frankly, wouldn't want any greater range on a detector, if that's what you meant by "better." Why? Because I tend to discount any alerts after a certain amount of time. In otherwords, I don't care to want to know that radar is being operated 10 miles down the road. In 5+ minutes I will have certainly forgotten about a sole alert in that distance and if I happen to be cruising at speed, I honestly don't have the patience to "crawl" at a lower speed waiting for the 10 miles to click by.

Are advances like predictive alerting (due to GPS data) cool? Sounds promising. But as a pure detector, I can't fathom how much better its performance could be with radar. :wink:

If one were to open one and examine the quality of build of a V1 (thickness of circuit boards, etc.), it would be easy to appreciate what you get for your money with 'em.

[Some] companies come out with "new" models every year, but are they really "improved" from the previous model years?

When I think of a Valentine, I think Porche 911. That model has changed [fundamentally] relatively little over its long life and has stayed true to its roots. [For you high-end audiophiles, think the SME Type 5 tonearm].

Why? Simple. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :wink:

Veil Guy 8)
    I agree with you Veil Guy X1000! :wink:

Good Citizen

The thickness of most curcuit boards is 0.062" made from FR4 and the components are the same quality. It's the design that makes the V1 stand out.