Newcomer

Default Question about radar.

Being that I live a 1/4-mile from the local county sheriffs office, there’s never a dull moment
    when encountering k band radar. Coming home from work at 11:00pm I encountered the local LEO
    hiding in the muck of electric door openers at the local hardware store. Fortunately, I know that I
    only encounter one bogey at this location. When the bogey counter ramped up to two bogeys
    I knew it was LEO. After I lost site of LEO the bogey counter went to zero count for just a moment
    then ramped back up to one bogey from the back. I knew he had turned around and was coming up from
    behind. Sure enough he pulled up behind my car at the stop light with the arrow locater of the radar detector pointing to the rear at full alert with no idea of what he was thinking. As soon as he approached
    my car the bogey counter went two bogeys both k and ka band. The question I have is what would cause this? No other vehicles were around and I rarely encounter ka band. Can he turn on two bands
    simultaneously at the same time? Or since the radar frequency was so strong, can it fool the detector?

Radar Fanatic

Strange things can happen when close to radar, so this may have been the cause.

Manufacturer

Like a bleed over...

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Radar Fanatic

Th v1 is known for accidentally saying a Ka is present when a K is at full alert. Not sure why and I'm not sure anyone can explain why - but it happens.

Good Citizen

If I use my bushnell gun (k band) inside my car, the KA band also goes off and shows 2 bogies. 1 on K and 1 on KA. It does that when it recieves a strong K signal.

Speed Demon

Has anyone reported it to V1?

Newcomer

Hey,
    thanks guys for the info. I had a hunch it could just be bleed over.