Newcomer

Default V1 Arrived yesterday

So my V1 just got here also. I must say I like a lot of the little things that it has over the x50, such as the rubber where it contacts the windshiled (nice since my x50 rattled from the car vibes), the little pieces of rubber on the lighter adapter to keep it in place better, the fact that the power cord can be detached at the detector and the power adapted.

The V1 seems larger than my x50, at least wider. Heck the thing looks like a darn tank!. Version 3.824. I have not had much time to test it out yet, but so far I like it. I am still playing with the modes. There is not too much K band falses where I live but considerable X band in the city. 'A' mode reports 5 X bands in a spot my old x50 only gave two. 'l' mode seems to filter it out quite a bit better, I have not played with 'L' really yet.

Although I did not think I used the x50's automute much since I normally hit the mute button on the power cord, I now realize how much I liked it.

I have a questions though about the remote display for the V1. I almost exclusively used the mute button on the power cord with the x50, and still find myself reaching there to shut it up when it alerts, but alas, I must reach to the windshield. I know the V1 has a remote display that I am considering, but this is what I would like to know. Can I keep the display functioning on the V1 AND use the remote display, primarily for it's mute button? Or is it an either or sceanario.

Thank you all

:wow the swear filter is picky . . .

Professional

No, when you hook up the remote display, you have to use the display that's on it. Unless you want to start hacking up the electronic components.

Radar Fanatic

Every light that is on the main unit is on the concealed display so your not going to miss anything.
    It is supposed to be an advantage to be able to dark out the main unit.
    I have the older smaller concealed display which fits in my ashtray and still has all the lights except the band ID display and no mute button. It does have an on/off switch, however.

Professional

Default Re: V1 Arrived yesterday

Use L mode and drive like its stolen!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesys
    So my V1 just got here also. I must say I like a lot of the little things that it has over the x50, such as the rubber where it contacts the windshiled (nice since my x50 rattled from the car vibes), the little pieces of rubber on the lighter adapter to keep it in place better, the fact that the power cord can be detached at the detector and the power adapted.

The V1 seems larger than my x50, at least wider. Heck the thing looks like a darn tank!. Version 3.824. I have not had much time to test it out yet, but so far I like it. I am still playing with the modes. There is not too much K band falses where I live but considerable X band in the city. 'A' mode reports 5 X bands in a spot my old x50 only gave two. 'l' mode seems to filter it out quite a bit better, I have not played with 'L' really yet.

Although I did not think I used the x50's automute much since I normally hit the mute button on the power cord, I now realize how much I liked it.

I have a questions though about the remote display for the V1. I almost exclusively used the mute button on the power cord with the x50, and still find myself reaching there to shut it up when it alerts, but alas, I must reach to the windshield. I know the V1 has a remote display that I am considering, but this is what I would like to know. Can I keep the display functioning on the V1 AND use the remote display, primarily for it's mute button? Or is it an either or sceanario.

Thank you all

:wow the swear filter is picky . . .

Newcomer

Yeah, suppose I shall still pick up the remote display. I had the x50 for a year before some prick came along and decided he wanted the contents of my car a lot more then I did ($1600 and no insurance on it). I got used to looking at the display on the x50 and reaching to the smart cord for the mute button, so I was hoping to replicate this behavior with the V1. Oh well.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesys
    Yeah, suppose I shall still pick up the remote display. I had the x50 for a year before some prick came along and decided he wanted the contents of my car a lot more then I did ($1600 and no insurance on it). I got used to looking at the display on the x50 and reaching to the smart cord for the mute button, so I was hoping to replicate this behavior with the V1. Oh well.
    The newer concealed display does not have an on/off switch (needs one) If you can rig up some kind of switch you could possibly turn on the remote, hit the mute then turn off the remote, might be more of a hassle although there is a quick release fuse on the remote that you could possibly make the switch.
    When you order one you might save 10% if they sell returned ones as with the main unit.

Newcomer

Wish I would have known I could have saved 10% on the main unit, that sucker ain't cheap

Professional

you get what you pay for...