Radar Fanatic

Default Experimented with POP on/off vs. Ka

Passing by the local Police department this morning I found that they had left one of their Ka units active in a parked cruiser. This gave me a good opportunity to play around a bit. (I think that this department gets their equipment from MPH because there's a shiny new K-55 sitting in another cruiser that's parked out front.)

The test:
    I wanted to see if having POP mode activated affected range. I wanted to make several runs in each configuration but someone took the cruiser out as I was about to make my fourth. So I got in two runs with POP mode on and one mode with POP off. That's a pretty lousy sample, but as far as I can tell there was no difference. It alerted at the same point between two telephone poles. I'll be headed back through that section of town this afternoon so I'll try a larger number of runs if they've left something running again.

Radar Fanatic

Try it with A vs a logic mode as well
    Or maybe even section 6 the Ka false alarm guard for any distance difference.

Radar Fanatic

The false alarm guard I'll try if I can. I may or may not bother with the logic modes because I'm pretty sure they have zero effect on Ka.

Not a real great test but two places I normally pass both Ark State Police District Headquarters yesterday and I just got my V1 1.8 back with 3.825 software(my other one I sent off with it came back with 3.824)there was no difference in when my detector went off, same as before. I did not have time to turn PoP off and try it.

Radar Fanatic

Well, that was a bust. The test I did this morning was in MA where my parents live and I was hoping to get another crack at it on my way home. The cruiser was still out, though. I'll have to wait for another opportunity to do it again.