Default Do I have a problem with my V1?

Version 3.821 (Owned 2-3 months)
    0791 are last 4 of serial # (Euro & Pop2?)
    Running L mode
    Start-up flashes P o P then stops on L
    Mounted below the dark visor section of windshield just left of mirror in a 04 Dodge 4x4 QCab Hemi truck. It gets excellent reception based on the range I have witnessed.

So here are a few things I've noticed lately.

First, I'm getting a helluva lot of laser alerts just recently, in my neighborhood, on country 2-lane roads, pretty much everywhere at different times of day, but have noticed a lot of alerts when there is bright sunlight. Never seen a cop during any of the alerts.
    Like I said, the false alerts are much more frequent now... Maybe one or two per day, opposed to one or two a week when it was new.

Second, Lately I've been getting Ka alerts that seem interupted, then there is a flashing "J" in the counter. It's happend several times lately, twice with a cop in plain view. What is this "J" thing all about - no mention of it in the manual?

Third, What does my start sequence mean? (P o P followed by mode)
    That is what has always displayed, has it been reprogrammed as indicated by the "P" per the manual? Or does it mean it is running Pop mode enabled? Again, the manual is a bit fuzzy here.

Thanks in advance.

Advanced Member

First-Laser falses are common with the V1 thanks to it's great laser reception! Nothing can compete with it's laser detection!!!(car brakelights, neon signs, sunlight, etc)

Second- The J- feature has been causing alot of members some trouble but after they sent their unit back for soft ware up grade it seemed to be fixed. The J- feature stand s got JUNK detectors it gives that alerts when it thinks if is getting a flas Ka alert from another radar detetor unfortunately it does this with real Ka threats occassionally

Thirdly- P.o.P. just means your detector has POP

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Do I have a problem with my V1?

Quote Originally Posted by Dashunde
    Version 3.821 (Owned 2-3 months)
    0791 are last 4 of serial # (Euro & Pop2?)
    Running L mode
    Start-up flashes P o P then stops on L
    Mounted below the dark visor section of windshield just left of mirror in a 04 Dodge 4x4 QCab Hemi truck. It gets excellent reception based on the range I have witnessed.

So here are a few things I've noticed lately.

First, I'm getting a helluva lot of laser alerts just recently, in my neighborhood, on country 2-lane roads, pretty much everywhere at different times of day, but have noticed a lot of alerts when there is bright sunlight. Never seen a cop during any of the alerts.
    Like I said, the false alerts are much more frequent now... Maybe one or two per day, opposed to one or two a week when it was new.

Second, Lately I've been getting Ka alerts that seem interupted, then there is a flashing "J" in the counter. It's happend several times lately, twice with a cop in plain view. What is this "J" thing all about - no mention of it in the manual?

Third, What does my start sequence mean? (P o P followed by mode)
    That is what has always displayed, has it been reprogrammed as indicated by the "P" per the manual? Or does it mean it is running Pop mode enabled? Again, the manual is a bit fuzzy here.

Thanks in advance.
    3.824 supposedly has worked on the problem with the V1 J'ing out the real alerts. Should be a free fix for you, minus the shipping.

If you're getting a lot of laser alerts when no other cars are around, try your detector in another vehicle and see if they persist. If they do, you may have a bad unit. Also, if your V1 is mounted low, it may be from hood reflections (sunlight). Mounting high near the mirror should cut down laser falsing a lot.

Old Timer

This feature (when it is profected) is absolutly great. When great summer days role around, this J feature will be put to tons of use.

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    This feature (when it is profected) is absolutly great. When great summer days role around, this J feature will be put to tons of use.
    That is right Sethy :wink:
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!