Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Tryin to get prices on a Refurbished unit?

I cannot get a straight answer out of sales at Valentine. I have emailed them about a refurbished unit and he/she replied with

Hi,

The warranty and guarantee are the same as any unit. The price is $US399 plus shipping. Orders can be placed using VISA or MasterCard by calling us at (800) 331-3030.

Why would i buy a refurb unit for the same price as a new one?

thx for you input. totally confused

Radar Fanatic

I think you should just call them. Their Email support is so-so. The rep probably didn't understand or mistyped something. The price should be $360 (10% off).

Newcomer

dunno where this person was at today, but maybe it was the way i asked the question?

this was the email i sent:
    hello,

Interested in a refurbished or return unit. I hear on the forums this is the only way to get a discount? Can you provide me with some information regarding this? What firmware? warranty? etc....... ... ..

thank you,

cA

response:

The warranty and guarantee are the same as any unit. The price is $US399 plus shipping.

then i replied:

so there is NO benefit in purchasing a refurbished unit correct?

response:

Hi,

I guess you have to decide that. Some people find the lower price a benefit. The same new unit for less money. The only concern may be that we do not always have one to sell.

I think im having a MONDAY ops:

Radar Fanatic

Recently returned units are phone in only no Internet.
    The return list is for recently returned units has the same warranty and return policy 10% off = $359 they will tell you a week but will probably ship in 2-3 days.
    I did it in Feb you could not tell if it was used not a scratch on it but I intern returned it back to them anyway. My 1.7 suits me just fine right now. If zoogme bought it Monday he might be stuck with a 3.824 (sorry BiGeAsYgUy) Tell them you only want the new version 3.825 or else you will be stuck with a flaw in the software.

Newcomer

thx dave

Good Citizen

Default refurbs

I bought my v1 as a return and the guy told me it would be at least a couple of weeks before one could be shipped. The next day that same salesman called and told me it would be shipped out. Ha. I think the salesmen do that so they don't lose commission on the V1.

Yoda of Radar

I got a "refurb" unit. The thing looked brand new. Makes me wonder if you really get a returned one or they will take a sale any way they can get one. :wink:

Newcomer

OK,, the saleperson clairfied that the unit is 359USD. However i want him to ensure me of firmware 3.825 or i will return the unit.
    Do you think they try to pull a "Happya$$" on me sorry happy and get firmware 3.819 ??

Should i wait, i dont think i can no longer LOL

Lead Foot

I would be more interested to see if a returned unit is going to be a non-Euro unit. The reason I bring this to question is because the euro units need a different processor board. It would be a great was for VR to get rid of the older boards and since VR isnt really advertising Euro as a feature on the main home page I dont see why they would have an issue using up the non euro boards with 3.819 firmware.
    Just a guess on my part.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by itisjustme
    I would be more interested to see if a returned unit is going to be a non-Euro unit. The reason I bring this to question is because the euro units need a different processor board. It would be a great was for VR to get rid of the older boards and since VR isnt really advertising Euro as a feature on the main home page I dont see why they would have an issue using up the non euro boards with 3.819 firmware.
    Just a guess on my part.
    I got the impression that they just swapped out the entire board. I noticed when I got mine back that the switch had a totally different (basically not used) feel. The power connector also feels newer in that it takes more effort to plug it in. It's probably simpler and more cost-effective to just swap the whole board when they need to change hardware.