Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default V1 *not* badly toasted -- continuous X-band falsing *solved*

I don't know why, but something seems to have fried in my V1. I was out on a little shopping trip when, in a place that is literally miles from an automatic door, I started getting an X-band alert ahead. Only one dot on the signal strength meter. I thought it was the truck ahead of me, but that turned out not to be the case when he turned and I still got the false. The arrows began to jump around, too. Sometimes it was ahead, sometimes to the side, sometimes to the rear, and then back. It would stop for a few seconds and then start. I drove past some K and X-band door openers and it seemed to alert to them just fine. As I departed it kept on falsing the one weak X bogey. I thought it might be interference from my car so I tried turning off the satellite radio and head unit. No luck. Still falsing. When I got back to my apartment I turned off the engine a watched. Still falsing. Then I turned it off and back on, and it didn't false. Turned it off and on again, no false. Turned the V1 off and on one more time, and I got one weak X-band false to the rear. Damn.

I don't know what's going on but I'm not happy. I've seen the occasional random X-band false but never anything like this. Has anybody had this happen? Any explanation? I don't know if this is related but I've had dozens of weak Ka falses since I got this back, and only two "J" alerts that were the day after I got it.

VR will be getting a phone call tomorrow. I really don't want to pay the shipping to send this thing out less than two weeks after I got it back from the upgrade service.

Old Timer

I just noticed this yesterday! On my v1 on "A" mode it continually falsed a weak X band to the rear while constantly turning and driving up & down roads. If anyone know what could be wrong, please let us know

Radar Fanatic

Sethy, I don't know if it matters but which firmware rev do you have?

Old Timer

Newcomer

I had the same problem when my cell phone was in the car. At the time it was a sprint samsung.

Changed phone and the problem went away.

Good Citizen

Hey guys, Yeah the same problem happend to me.. I was really worried at first so i went to the Manual!.... finds out that its an easy problem to fix... It's your cell phone thats setting it off, When in "L" or "'l" the weak singles go away. Valentine 1 Suggests that you "change cellular providers" or just keep in "l" or "L"... Kinda weird, and cant really explain WHY it does this. BUT it does, and is quite annoying! Hope this helps man!

- jordan

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Clasen24
    Hey guys, Yeah the same problem happend to me.. I was really worried at first so i went to the Manual!.... finds out that its an easy problem to fix... It's your cell phone thats setting it off, When in "L" or "'l" the weak singles go away. Valentine 1 Suggests that you "change cellular providers" or just keep in "l" or "L"... Kinda weird, and cant really explain WHY it does this. BUT it does, and is quite annoying! Hope this helps man!

- jordan
    Its does, nice post- thanks for letting us know. I bet it has somthing to do with the continues monitoring of the phone (signal strength or keeping time). Cant say id give up my verizon though

Good Citizen

haha Thats JUST how mike wants it! Pretty soon the Valentine 1 will RUN YOUR LIFE! It just STARTS by having you change your cell phone service..... jk, it is weird though, my dad and I both use sprint. He has a new model phone then me, and his is the only one that sets it off?? Mine is fine thogh when im driving?? everything goes away when in "l" or "L" mode. Have a good one boys

- jordan

Sethy, when do you leave for SML?

Radar Fanatic

Wanna hear something funny? My cell phone was turned off because my battery was near death and I left my wall charger at my parents place. I was charging it with the car charger, though. Seems to be working OK this morning. Maybe it has something to do with the charger. More experimentation needed...

**EDIT**
    Just went out to see if I can reproduce the problem. For better or worse I can't get it to happen again. The cell phone doesn't seem to affect anything whether it's on, off, charging, or not charging. I think I'm going to assume that this was just a fluke, for now. I also have a Verizon phone.

Thanks for the input, guys!

Founder of Stealthvation

While you at it get a new car also if you have a GPS system built in like the one forum member on here that has a Toyota Pryus. His GPS system sets off laser alerts on his V1. That is ridiculous to change your cell phone provider because it sets of your V1. How about this, VR fix the damn problem
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!