Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VR Called

Radar Fanatic

Cactusman,
    For me it was a matter of personal preference. I sent my perfectly good V1 3.826 in and had it upgraded to 3.858. I wanted to refresh everything just because I use it so dang much. Now I've got a 1 year warranty, (which is kind of meaningless due to VR's excellent customer service)
    and new lenses. On a side note, it seems more responsive than ever to Ka. Cost me $75.00. Oh well, you get what you pay for. Scott

Professional

I didn't know VR is so cheap! :shock:

KaPro,

I did not realize upgrades restarted the warranty for a year?? Is there a built in price for that?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Holla
    So Im guessing your V-1 was still in tune and needed no adjustments?
    I was told that after checking my V1 that it had not fallen out of tune. At least they checked it.

Well they have mine right now. I was not available when they called and didnt receive the voice mail until after they were closed on friday evening. They just called in reference to me asking about upgrading the software as I'm a pre pop version. They did not mention if they tested it or not but it must be out of tune because I never picked up a single radar alert of ANY kind. I dont really wanna drop 75 bucks for the upgrade though. Seems pretty expensive to just flash its chip. It starts to bring the cost up to where I should have bought it new to avoid all this. Oh well. I just hope they fix the radars

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by FoxRodder
    Well they have mine right now. I was not available when they called and didnt receive the voice mail until after they were closed on friday evening. They just called in reference to me asking about upgrading the software as I'm a pre pop version. They did not mention if they tested it or not but it must be out of tune because I never picked up a single radar alert of ANY kind. I dont really wanna drop 75 bucks for the upgrade though. Seems pretty expensive to just flash its chip. It starts to bring the cost up to where I should have bought it new to avoid all this. Oh well. I just hope they fix the radars
    If you have a pre POP version and want it upgraded to the latest, then there is a software and a hardware upgrade.

Radar Fanatic

Default warranty

radarpeeps,
    There is no added charge for the warranty. It is included with every "paid for" upgrade. Also, I went to the sight where I did my false alert test. The amount of door openers has been reduced from 5 K band "units" to 2 K band and one X band. In A mode the V1 reported all falses. In L mode, there were no surprises, it supressed the X band and reported the 2 K bands. Oh well, I'm still happy with it's performance. Scott

Speed Demon

VR called... they want the 1980's back. Sorry I couldn't help myself. I love my V1!

CC

So anyone think its worth upgrading to the pop version and get the 1 year warranty bonus?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by FoxRodder
    So anyone think its worth upgrading to the pop version and get the 1 year warranty bonus?
    For me personally yes.