Newcomer

Default V1 use in Virginia

Hello,

Thanks for the great site. This is my first post. I am sick of the VA speed traps. 35 in rural areas? Anyway, I know that VA doesn't like motorist to have detectors as they claim to be illegal. VA is using a lot of LIDAR too! Anyway, how 'stelthy' is the V1 in VA? Any VA guys out there with V1s? I ordered mine last week. It should be here NLT Wednesday ;^) Please advise. Thanks.

Radar Fanatic

I would have bought the STi Driver, which is totally undetectable ops: But only what people say here, the V1 is darn good and picks up lidar very well :wink:
    RR

Power User

The STi is undetectable by current radar detector detectors (RDD) but the V1 is only detectable from about half a football field away (55 yards) so you are pretty stealthy. Not to mention the fact that the V1 is overall a better detector, has better rear coverage, better laser detection, and arrows. The V1 is the second stealthiest radar detector out there compared to the Bel STi.

I wouldn't worry about being detected because the chances of you getting caught are slim, the ticket is cheap, and they don't take your radar detector if they catch you.

http://speedzones.com/radar_detector_detectors.html

Power User

V1 will work wonderfully, and all that, but I wouldnt have taken the chance and gotten an STI instead

Professional

VA doesnt have any confirmed sightings of Spectre (which is the only RDD that can detect the V1), so you are safe as long as you hide it well. I have been running a RD for over 2 years in VA and had no problems. You may want to add a 'kill switch' so that you dont have to reach for it if you get stopped.

You do NOT need a STI to be stealthy in VA!!!

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by asianfire
    VA doesnt have any confirmed sightings of Spectre (which is the only RDD that can detect the V1), so you are safe as long as you hide it well. I have been running a RD for over 2 years in VA and had no problems. You may want to add a 'kill switch' so that you dont have to reach for it if you get stopped.

yes they dont have any now (and even then thats CONFIRMED, doesnt mean there arent any unseen).......... and then theres always the possibility that theyre gonna update, and that counld be bad, I mean I dunno how much the ticket is, but an extra 50 bucks on an STI now will save you from that ticket, potentially more than once

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi666
    Quote Originally Posted by asianfire

yes they dont have any now (and even then thats CONFIRMED, doesnt mean there arent any unseen).......... and then theres always the possibility that theyre gonna update, and that counld be bad, I mean I dunno how much the ticket is, but an extra 50 bucks on an STI now will save you from that ticket, potentially more than once
    True, however, the V1 (IMO) has better detection then the STI. Being electronically steathy isn't a big issue for VA. They use a lot of CO and some IO. Since Spectre isn't here. I would still have gone for the V1. Even is Sprectre was here, I would go with the V1. Unless they were just looking for RDs, the V1 would probably alert before the Spectre would and you could just cut it off.

Power User

^^ Fair enough.......... but something about it just doesnt sit right with me, oh well im in an RD legal state, so it really doesnt matter to me too much