Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Power User

Default Been using a V1............[Edit]I have now sold my V1.

I have been using a V1 3.858 for about the past 2 weeks and I like it.

At first my radar encounters with the V1 seemed a little off, but now they have been kicking a$$! Still not sure if I like the V1 or STi better, but time will tell.

I really like the bogey counter, my favorite feature on the V1.

Founder of Stealthvation

Default Re: Been using a V1.............

Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal

At first my radar encounters with the V1 seemed a little off, but now they have been kicking a$$! Still not sure if I like the V1 or STi better, but time will tell.

Why wait to tell us? Is this not your 2nd time around wih this "grocery store locator" as you call it? :wink: I think you have been infected by that damn virus. Once it enters your blood stream no matter what dose you are infected for life. Oh well you put up a good fight and probably had some of that best resistance to this lethal strain It is good to see that you came out of the closet.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Power User

Default Re: Been using a V1.............

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$

Why wait to tell us? Is this not your 2nd time around wih this "grocery store locator" as you call it? :wink: I think you have been infected by that *BEEP* virus. Once it enters your blood stream no matter what dose you are infected for life. Oh well you put up a good fight and probably had some of that best resistance to this lethal strain
    I got the V1 so we (Guys of Lidar) would have a 3rd new retail V1 for our test in Arizona.

You know I was joking around when I called it a grocery store locator, but it does locate the grocery store quite good as well as the LEO's running radar.

What are trying to say about being infected with a virus and becoming a V1 zombie? Seems like you are posting about your personal experiences about what happened to you. Why are you a V1 zombie and biased against all other detectors?????? :wink:

Power User

So far so good using the V1. Today I got 2 weak Ka alerts with the arrow pointing ahead, but never found the source or had any more alerts. Never had an E or a J yet. It seemed to me that people were exagerrating the E errors in the past.

I've been running it in A mode with X band turned off, other than that I changed option A to mute the bogey lock tones too.

Still haven't ran into enough Ka (35.5) with the V1 yet to make a decision on whether the STi or V1 gives me more warning, but I have noticed the V1 gives me a little more warning on K band.

I really like both detectors the V1 and STi they are both tied at first place for me if I was to rank them.

Founder of Stealthvation

So far so good using the V1. Today I got 2 weak Ka alerts with the arrow pointing ahead, but never found the source or had any more alerts. Never had an E or a J yet. It seemed to me that people were exagerrating the E errors in the past.

I've been running it in A mode with X band turned off, other than that I changed option A to mute the bogey lock tones too.

Still haven't ran into enough Ka (35.5) with the V1 yet to make a decision on whether the STi or V1 gives me more warning, but I have noticed the V1 gives me a little more warning on K band.

I really like both detectors the V1 and STi they are both tied at first place for me if I was to rank them.
    I have to admit that your experiences have been dead on accurate thus far. You are like a human/walking sensitivity chamber
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$

lol.

I have to admit that your experiences have been dead on accurate thus far. You are like a human/walking sensitivity chamber

Power User

I have sold my V1. Overall I decided I like my Beltronics STi better. You can't go wrong with either detector, both are great. But for me, I prefer the STi.

Lead Foot

I have sold my V1. Overall I decided I like my Beltronics STi better. You can't go wrong with either detector, both are great. But for me, I prefer the STi.
    Did the "stealthiness" of the STi tip the scale in favor of the STi? Also, is there any difference in the new STi's being shipped now vs. previous ones?

Old Timer

Default Well

Hey stealthjamal, I have a Bel STi on the way right now. I think both the STi and V1 are great rd's. Now, I can finally compare the STi and the V1 on ka band when I finally run across it.

Radar Fanatic

Well, if you live in VA, it does make sense to have an STi.

GTO_04