Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Professional

Default V1 users! AND EX X50 USERS!

So I have had my x50 for about a month. Yes it has saved me, and giving me good alerts.. however when I see v1 videos, I always say to myself.. wow I don't think my x50 would have picked up that from that far. Anyone with a v1, previously used x50, moved to v1 with no regrets?

Yoda of Radar

I own both, and prefer the X50, but either is a fine detector.

Granted... your asking this in the V1 section...

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore
    I own both, and much prefer the X50, but either is a fine detector.

Granted... your asking this in the V1 section... so your asking for bias responses aren't you?
    Haha, so very true. But that's the exact kind of response I was looking for. I just feel like it could be picking up quicker.

For instance, I reached the top of a hill. Then it's basically a very small incline to a red light, a straight away. About .4 miles. A cop was running Ka band at the light, and I picked him up after facing him head on for a few seconds.

Yoda of Radar

When my V1 is in tune, I have no problems switching between that or the X50, as I said either is a fine detector... so if you arent satisfied with the X50, you have nothing to lose with the V1, might as well try it (but keep the X50 to do some comparing).

That would be my suggestion...

Lead Foot

Default Re: V1 users! AND EX X50 USERS!

Quote Originally Posted by maskellxx
    So I have had my x50 for about a month. Yes it has saved me, and giving me good alerts.. however when I see v1 videos, I always say to myself.. wow I don't think my x50 would have picked up that from that far. Anyone with a v1, previously used x50, moved to v1 with no regrets?
    I had X50 and then switched to V1. Big difference. V1 kicks ass. Trust me !!!
    X50 will alert only if radar is in line of sight or with a little curve, V1 will alert behind hills, curves, you name it !

Professional

Default Re: V1 users! AND EX X50 USERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Serg
    Quote Originally Posted by maskellxx
    I had X50 and then switched to V1. Big difference. V1 kicks ass. Trust me !!!
    X50 will alert only if radar is in line of sight or with a little curve, V1 will alert behind hills, curves, you name it !
    See that's exactly what I am talking about. Like when I was facing stright at a four way, and a cop came from the left, I got 1 bar when he was like 50 feet to my left.

Professional

When my V1 is in tune, I have no problems switching between that or the X50, as I said either is a fine detector... so if you arent satisfied with the X50, you have nothing to lose with the V1, might as well try it (but keep the X50 to do some comparing).

Don't think I was two RD's. That's a lot of money.

Good Citizen

X2

I have both, and both are excellent. I haven't had the V1 for very long, but am satisfied that the overall performance is on par w/the X50. V1 false alarms a little more in the city than i'd like, but the V1 usually beats the X50 by .2 miles or so on the open road (statistically insignificant at detection ranges of 3+ miles). Both live on my windshield, but are turned on at different locations. Can't go wrong with either one.

Radar Fanatic

I currently own both and the reason i use only the V1 in my Jeep is because the X50 was missing LASER alerts every time i passes a cop shooting laser.... it was aggrivating because i have been doing 10-15 over PSL and gotten laser on my X50 before that has saved me from a ticket whether scatter ot not.... but when i got it hardwired i moved it up high and i had not had a laser hit in prob 6 months.... by that time i had prob passed 10-15 cops shooting laser and not 1 alert.. so i moved to the V1 and it has detected every single laser alert with the V1 mounted high and low... Even got about .2 mile better detection on a false alert by my house with the V1.... I got my V1 hardwired about a month ago and just recently put it back on the coiled cord.... With my system running only 60% bass right now(cuz its to damn loud inside all the way up) it keeps the hardwire from staying tucked in the headliner and it wants to start hanging and it pisses me off cuz i want completeand clean install..... a little obsessive/compulisive about certain things... but that just irritates me to death.... so currrently it is mounted about 6-10" from the dash rough estimate i know bu tnot sure on its position.... and had 1.6 K band IO on the highway last night over some hills and he was at the bottom of al arge hill catching them as soon as they pop over the hill

I own both the X50 and V1 (3.858). The better laser detection and arrows are the reasons I prefer the V1.