Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default V1 w/Euro Mode Sensitivity

I have noticed that the V1 with Euro Mode is less sensitive to weak door opener "false" signals but it does not seem to affect the sensitivity on real radar alerts. According to a VR tech, they have received this report from customers and have noticed that it is true, it is a consequence of the sweeping adjustment for the Euro Mode.

Good Citizen

Default Re: V1 w/Euro Mode Sensitivity

Great!
    But does it work well against Multanovas KA 34.6?

Still waiting for my baby to comeback.
    Quote Originally Posted by wp3gi
    I have noticed that the V1 with Euro Mode is less sensitive to weak door opener "false" signals but it does not seem to affect the sensitivity on real radar alerts. According to a VR tech, they have received this report from customers and have noticed that it is true, it is a consequence of the sweeping adjustment for the Euro Mode.

Radar Fanatic

Seems to me that if it's a little less sensitive to weak door opener falses then it ought to be slightly less sensitive to real radar as well. (I've noticed a very small effect on some K-band door openers, myself.) Range still seems perfectly good, of course. But I don't see how it could possibly select between the door openers and the real thing. Especially if they aren't doing it on purpose.

Radar Fanatic

i'm getting a v1 within a few months.. after waiting to see if they ban then and also having to spend abit maintaining the car so now i can start saving for one!

its a good job i've waited because better ones have emurged, its got to a point where i dont care if they ban them... i'll still use it! there are camera vans a gatsos everywhere so i'm now on a mission to get one!

i will also throughly test the euromode when i get it i know alot of gatsos which they have a very extremely low scatter or they have had something done at them!

but i dont have any doubts that the v1 will pick them up!

another reason for the v1 is because they put gatsos near to eachother over here!

so you have ones on your side of the road and abit futher down there is another one on the other side.. each time the detector beeps i dont know which gatso its beeping at its annoying not know what gatso is live!

Newcomer

Seems to me that if it's a little less sensitive to weak door opener falses then it ought to be slightly less sensitive to real radar as well. (I've noticed a very small effect on some K-band door openers, myself.) Range still seems perfectly good, of course. But I don't see how it could possibly select between the door openers and the real thing. Especially if they aren't doing it on purpose.
    I talked to the tech. Aparently there have been some modifications or adjustments to how the radar sweeps in order to have the Euro Mode feature. They have stumbled onto the situation that the doors were detected less and they still have the same sensitivity on real radar. They are studying this and maybe one day they will be able to eliminate even more interference.

Professional

Is this with Euro mode enabled or not? If it is with Euro mode enabled, it doesn't do us much good in the USA. But if it's just with the Euro mode hardware, with Euro mode still disabled...Ima think about an upgrade!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Arvetus
    Is this with Euro mode enabled or not? If it is with Euro mode enabled, it doesn't do us much good in the USA. But if it's just with the Euro mode hardware, with Euro mode still disabled...Ima think about an upgrade!
    As far as I can tell there is a difference when Euro mode is not enabled. There's one spot in my town where I would always get a very short, weak K-band hit from a door opener. That little falsing spot is gone with my upgraded Euro unit, and I'm just running it in A-mode with no programming done whatsoever. It's the only place where I have noticed anything different, though. The rest of the door openers seem to cause an alert at the same time.

Professional

So does anyone know if anyone has tested a V1 with/without the new EUR?

Radar Fanatic

you can knock the euro mode off all new v1s come with euro mode.. but its turned off at the factory!

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by laserblaster

another reason for the v1 is because they put gatsos near to eachother over here!

so you have ones on your side of the road and abit futher down there is another one on the other side.. each time the detector beeps i dont know which gatso its beeping at its annoying not know what gatso is live!
    I've just returned from a 1400 miles trip to Cornwall and the V1 was VERY helpful in picking up the camera that are so close together.
    When passed once trap with 2 gatso's on the same side of the road
    no mor then 1/2 a mile apart and one on the other side of the road, the V1 indicated that 3 bogeys !.

Also detected a Ku trap out of a little van parked on the side of the A30 just north of Hayle.

Laserblaster are you buying a V1 from the UK or getting it from VR ?