Default Programming questions....

I've reviewed the manual and V1's set of programming instructions. I've found that I have v3.813.

Anyhow, I've found that she is pretty quiet so far (very little testing and only in metro area using Advanced Logic). I've had only one X alert and this is every day when entering the garage to my office building. I have noticed a couple random K alerts but they are very brief and in the loop. Otherwise, she it totally quiet unless Ka radar is nearby. I haven't been hit with Laser yet.

It seems safe to deactivate X but from what I'm gathering, I may as well keep it active since Advanced Logic seems to be doing it's job.

I have become curious about reprogramming K to "unmute" (from my desired volume) after 4 signal bars are breached (Section E). I assume I'll also have to incorporate section F.

What is somewhat confusing is the note. It reads (or close to it) only activate for prolonged use in familiar false K areas. I don't understand why I can't simply keep it activated since it's only be "muted". I'll still have visual and the choice to maintain my "muted" volume right?

A few more questions....

* Is there any reason I shouldn't activate Ku? What is it?

* Is there any reason I shouldn't activate Ka to be more responsive? I assume this could promote Ka false alerts?

* Is there any reason why I would want the Ka false-alarm guard OFF?

* Does anyone know whether there are sensitivity differences across K and Ka between "All Bogies Mode" and Logic and Advanced Logic mode?

Radar Fanatic
    Bay City, Michigan

Ku = Europe Band. . . its not used int USA so leave it off.

Ka more responsive = Depends how much you like the lights to dance, it doesn't actually change response on the V1, just the lights on your display.

Ka false = Turn it off and you'll want to cry - if you have a cobra near - you'l l know about it. This protects against them alerting.

The sensitivity is supposedly untouched in both l and L for the K band, but some believe it is. Ka sensitivity never changes.