Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default suction cups failing

after only 2 weeks of use, i am already seeing the suction cups fail. today i had to watch in despair as it took a tumble from next to the rear view mirror down off the console and onto the floor. it should be noted that i take the unit down when i get home as V1 recommends to keep from getting it stolen. it came off a 2nd time and caught it before it fell and kept it off for the rest of the trip :x

Yoda of Radar

I had the same problem with my suction cups when I got my V1, the thing wouldnt stick for anything...

Try using the spare ones you get (I had to mix and match to get ones that would hold it up... Not sure about VR packaging style, but I think VR gave me some really old ones, and you may have gotten the same.)

Anycase you could try to put them in really warm water for a little bit, bring some life into them. (Make sure ur window is clean too).

(Note: if its super cold out... even the best suction cups have issues sticking).

yeah, i didn't have them on me, but i'll try the extra suction cups when i get home. the weather is cold, but its been colder. maybe a combination of cold weather and humidity? i wish i lived out in the country and i could just leave it hooked up all the time, but....

Radar Fanatic

The trick is once you get them clean and warm and sticking real good to leave the mount attached to the windshield 24/7 and simply slide the V1 in/out every time.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by V1 Dave
    The trick is once you get them clean and warm and sticking real good to leave the mount attached to the windshield 24/7 and simply slide the V1 in/out every time.
    X2

You can take the V1 down without taking the mount down, simple press the top 'button' and slide the V1 out... its also extremely hard to mount the bracket with the V1 attached to it.

Check your manual.

this is good advice. i had trouble though trying to slide the mount off when i first opened up the package. it felt like it was stuck. i'll try it again and report back later.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by steelhammer
    this is good advice. i had trouble though trying to slide the mount off when i first opened up the package. it felt like it was stuck. i'll try it again and report back later.
    Make sure u press that top button down all the way... it will come out.

ES13Raven

You can also try the ones from Michael's...

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...light=michaels

Radar Fanatic

New mounts and top V1 covers are very stiff, always wiggle it back and forth when installing.
    Like AirMoore said pressing the button usually lets it slide out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore
    Quote Originally Posted by V1 Dave
    X2

You can take the V1 down without taking the mount down, simple press the top 'button' and slide the V1 out... its also extremely hard to mount the bracket with the V1 attached to it.

Check your manual.
    X3 :wink: .This is why the #1 reason why folks have problems with there suction cups cause they allways take them down with there rd everytime.just like v1 Dave says leave them on 24/7 once they stick real good they should stay there for good and a very long time.