Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Valentine customer support? (Funny but not funny)

I didn't mind waiting on hold for 5 minutes because it's toll free, but when the female who answered spoke I couldn't understand a word she said to me nor did any of it make much sense. I don't wanna put the company out there like this but I'm telling you the woman that answered the telephone sounded "drunk."

I asked her if she could please explain to me the advantage of high mounting with this unit, and if it matters if I drive a car or a truck.

Her reply to me about mounting high was this:

"the ladder is disclection, it is mount high up low doesn't matter. Police shoot you from top to bottom not bottom up will pick signal up no matter where it is ok!?"

Yeah, I typed what she just said to me verbatim. Some of the words don't exist at all, and the rest of what she mumbled at me makes me wonder why I just spent $400.00 on a piece of equipment if thats the kind of service I can expect when If I need to call them.

Could someone please let me know if mounting high with the V1 is meant for cars, trucks, or doesn't matter?

I know theres a ton of threads about this I was reading the "best" section but wasn't clear on this. By the way did anybody else have a problem with any of the staff at v1 1800 number?

*edit* For the record, i did order one on sunday through their website, I'm not a dreamer I am waiting on delivery on wednesday. Anybody know what version to call it? 3.8??

Advanced Member

Here are some of the main mounting considerations:
    http://www.guysoflidar.com/detectormounting.html

For radar, high mounting gives you more "line of sight" and will provide more range especially in cases where terrain is invloved...

Newcomer

Did you talk to an answering service instead?

Newcomer

Thank you for the link, I will definitly go read that right now.

I definitly spoke to a human being, she sounded like she smokes a pack a day and enjoys drinking on her lunch break. I have friends who have relaxed work environments that take advantage of the lack of supervision in similar ways.

ops: I guess were all guilty of getting bored on the job now and again!

The messages that pop up from "Mike" while you are on hold, are very entertaining haha.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by CantDrive65
    Thank you for the link, I will definitly go read that right now.

I definitly spoke to a human being, she sounded like she smokes a pack a day and enjoys drinking on her lunch break. I have friends who have relaxed work environments that take advantage of the lack of supervision in similar ways.

ops: I guess were all guilty of getting bored on the job now and again!

The messages that pop up from "Mike" while you are on hold, are very entertaining haha.
    What I mean is, a lot of times a company will forward their phones to an answering service when they aren't staffed to take calls (after hours, for example)...therefore an agent at the service company answers the phone with details about the company. Maybe this person thought they would play customer service too...

Newcomer

I called them at 12:40 (lunchtime) today Monday.. I dunno who it was but in any event I wont hold it against them, I belive their product to be excellent hence buying one and look forward to it's arrival.

"If you don't have a laser jammer or VEIL, and have a light-colored car that can be easily targeted by laser, then consider mounting high. You'll have a better chance of getting lucky with a prior warning when a vehicle ahead is targeted. "

I found this on the link someone posted up there, I drive an orange car with no laser protection or veil so I guess I'll mount it below the rear view mirror with a straight line view of the front and back for maximum warning.

Yoda of Radar

Next time you call... askto talk to a tech.

You were talking to a salesperson.

My V1 has sh*t the bed so many times and I have had so many issues with it... if it werent for their top-notch CS I don't know where I would be.

Most people like their CS... again talk to the techs not the salespeople.

Also... as Jim posted that link, many of your basic questions like mounting can be awnsered searching around the Guys of Lidar site, and the search function on this website.

Professional

when things like that happen, you should ALWAYS ask for the person's name.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by JeepinJeff
    I get their name before hand, because you never know when Jeff at AOL may say his name is Mike after insulting you.

I have had a few conversations with the sales people over at VR and most of them have been very knowledgeable about the product, I havnt really spoken with a tech at VR but I may have to do that with my current situation.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by DogGod
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepinJeff
    I get their name before hand, because you never know when Jeff at AOL may say his name is Mike after insulting you.
    Haha, thats just what i was thinking.. I better introduce myself, and then immediatly ask for the persons name.

I bet this ones name was Grey Goose at the moment.