Speed Demon

Default Weird Ka band from Trooper

I forgot to post this in my laser thread, but when the NYS Trooper in the median was shooting his laser (he was perpendicular to the road), I got a small Ka alert from him too.. it wasn't very strong at all and just ramped up a little when I passed him.

Why such a small alert? I know the beam is narrow for Ka, but this didn't go nuts at all.

He either left his Ka band on, or it was in standby, but I thought they don't emit anything?

Advanced Member

Default Re: Weird Ka band from Trooper

Quote Originally Posted by computersoc
    I forgot to post this in my laser thread, but when the NYS Trooper in the median was shooting his laser (he was perpendicular to the road), I got a small Ka alert from him too.. it wasn't very strong at all and just ramped up a little when I passed him.

Why such a small alert? I know the beam is narrow for Ka, but this didn't go nuts at all.

He either left his Ka band on, or it was in standby, but I thought they don't emit anything?
    They don't emit anything in standby. Maybe, a handheld laying on the seat or floor of the patrol car.

Or, a car with a Cobra drove by at that exact instant.

Experienced

Default Re: Weird Ka band from Trooper

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    Quote Originally Posted by computersoc

They don't emit anything in standby. Maybe, a handheld laying on the seat or floor of the patrol car.

Or, a car with a Cobra drove by at that exact instant.
    probably the latter...

my rx65 will freak out if i have my golden eagle k-band ant facing the horn on the rx and fire the eagle. it'l show full k and full ka until i turn the rx and the ka goes away.

Speed Demon

I have POP off and it's good at Jing things (happened twice in the past)... the Troopers don't have handheld radar. The arrows indicated it was from the cop.