Newcomer

Default x band falsing on interstate??? please help

Hi all. I am fairly new to the board. Ive had my V1 for about 5 months and love it. Anyway, I had my V1 on the open interstate for the first time last weekend. My normal daily work commute is 30 miles both way on state hwy. I have never had an issue with continuous x band falsing on my way to work at all. However, on the interstate (I 80 through Iowa ) x band would false about every 20 seconds or so. This went on for 300 + miles so needless to say the wife was getting irritated. (didnt bother me a bit... lol) So I was trying to figure out what was causing it. It would beep twice, show 2 threats, arrow forward for a second, then to the side, then the rear real quick. Now this maybe a stupid question but does it have something to do with all the semi truckers on the road? I thought maybe it was their cb radios setting off, or somthing else they were equiped with. I tried A,L and little L modes, none made a difference. POP on and off, no difference. All factory settings. Anybody with any ideas?? Thanks

Lead Foot

Default Re: x band falsing on interstate??? please help

Quote Originally Posted by xoch1
    Hi all. I am fairly new to the board. Ive had my V1 for about 5 months and love it. Anyway, I had my V1 on the open interstate for the first time last weekend. My normal daily work commute is 30 miles both way on state hwy. I have never had an issue with continuous x band falsing on my way to work at all. However, on the interstate (I 80 through Iowa ) x band would false about every 20 seconds or so. This went on for 300 + miles so needless to say the wife was getting irritated. (didnt bother me a bit... lol) So I was trying to figure out what was causing it. It would beep twice, show 2 threats, arrow forward for a second, then to the side, then the rear real quick. Now this maybe a stupid question but does it have something to do with all the semi truckers on the road? I thought maybe it was their cb radios setting off, or somthing else they were equiped with. I tried A,L and little L modes, none made a difference. POP on and off, no difference. All factory settings. Anybody with any ideas?? Thanks
    . If X band is not used in your area, turn it off. You may want to contact Valentine Research and ask to talk to a technician and tell them that this just occured and your unit won't stop falsing on X band your unit may need to be serviced? Some trucks may have collision warning devices but not sure what they operate on?

http://www.ctre.iastate.edu/pubs/sem...session2/york/

Radar Fanatic

Has anything changed in your car?

New Cell Phone?
    Any new electronic devices?
    Did any single car follow you for the entire time?
    Was anyone with you and it was possibly their cell phone(mine does it)?
    Different vehicle?

Newcomer

It was a different vehicle. I drive a grand prix but we were in the wifes toyota 4 runner. I thought maybe this had something to do with it.... maybe. But i doubt it. I havent had a chance to run down the interstate in my car yet. Had my cell phone with me as always. Also had an ipod plugged into a cassete adapter and into the cassete player in the radio(although I cant say for sure if that was always on when i got the falses) As far as a certain car i was following, i know it wasnt that because it did it all weekend. Heck maybe it was the ipod, i dont know. I was just curious if it were the cb radios from truckers. Probably not though.

Good Citizen

Does this occur near overpasses or near entries or exits? If so look for small boxes on Polls. They have these a long I-64, I-264 and I-664 in the Hamptons Roads area. They are used for monitoring the flow of traffic here.

Makes me glad to turn off X Band in my area, since States run Ka and K band units, it does give consistant alerts and drive people nuts.