Thread: Just ordered

Good Citizen

Default Just ordered

After a lengthy search/debate over the V1 and 8500 x50, I've decided to go ahead and order the V1. It seems more reliable than anything and the detection always comes out on top. Also, I like that it can be upgraded and if I were to ever decide to grow up and not break the speed limit, it has a great resale value. I'm looking forward to testing this out and I can't wait to get the V1 in the mail! I'll be driving to hilton head this weekend and then this summer I'm going to florida so now seems like an appropriate time to make the investment. I'll post again with my initial thoughts on the detector...thanks for all the great info from eveyrone here.

Power User

Wise choice! 8)

Good Citizen

V1 is what all the pros use. Doesn't everyone want to be a pro?

Good Citizen

I just got the V1 in the mail and took it for a test run. My first impression is that it is Very well made and I like the look/feel of it. My only dislike is the volume knob seems....cheap...or just weird to me, maybe because I'm not used to that. I Love the arrows, they're an unbelievable feature that I'm surprised other detectors don't have. The detection range is awesome and suits me well because I generally don't use a detector in the city anyways. I already got one laser false...not sure why, I tried to reproduce it with no luck, maybe an infinity? I'll be taking this thing to Hilton Head this weekend so I'm sure it'll see plenty of action on the trip and I'll post more afterwards.

can you control brightness level on the V1?

Lead Foot

I assume you might go through VA, at least briefly... so just a heads up to be careful with your RD there. You need to use common sense about not having it in full display and not braking hard if you get a radar hit.

Keep us posted on the V1 and how it does on the trip. I went with the STi myself but am always debating about whether to give the V1 a try. Being so close to VA/DC I'll prob wait until the V1 gets stealthed up though :-)

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by titleist731
    can you control brightness level on the V1?
    It has an auto dimmer, which I found to be superior to the fixed brightness controls on the Belscorts. It is one less thing to fool with when powering the detector back up after having the brightness set to one extreme or another.

Good Citizen

I've been playing around with my new V1, and I'm starting to get a grasp on the modes and how it works. I really like this detector. It is VERY well made and I like that it feels solid. The only one thing I dislike is when I switch modes, sometimes it's easy to accidentally swign the volume switch around...maybe its just me though. And that is not a significant factor by any means. I did some city driving with it and it's just too loud, so I programmed it to supress the K band to only alert at 4 dots. I now understand why people say this is a professional driver's radar detector. The programming capabillities make this detector great. I'll have more after my trip to Hilton Head tonight...