After a lengthy search/debate over the V1 and 8500 x50, I've decided to go ahead and order the V1. It seems more reliable than anything and the detection always comes out on top. Also, I like that it can be upgraded and if I were to ever decide to grow up and not break the speed limit, it has a great resale value. I'm looking forward to testing this out and I can't wait to get the V1 in the mail! I'll be driving to hilton head this weekend and then this summer I'm going to florida so now seems like an appropriate time to make the investment. I'll post again with my initial thoughts on the detector...thanks for all the great info from eveyrone here.