Default Need help with my used V1

I've been reading threads on this board about the V1...even before I bought it, but I just now registered because I wanted to get some feedback/help with my V1.

I bought it used from Craigslist last Friday (5/18) and I've driven well over 200 miles since then both in the city and on the highway. The problem is...I have only gotten ONE alert (which happened to be a false alarm). I have driven by the exact same area and I haven't been able to reproduce the alert. The previous owner said it worked without any issues (of course) and the unit looked to be in good physical condition.

Since then I have tried driving on campus UT past our speed signs...no alert. I drive by grocery stores and stores with automatic doors with the V1 in different positions on my windshield...no alerts. The lady @ VR when I called told me to drive by grocery stores and if it doesn't go off then I need to send it in.

My question is...is there anything else I can do to test this thing? Maybe reset it to factory? I looked through the "how to program your V1" and made sure that all my settings were set to the factory settings...but is there a more general "reset"? I don't mind sending it in...but I just want to see if there's anythng else I can do.

Thanks!!!
    Jeff

Professional

200 miles. One alert. You need to send it in.

Banned

Default Re: Need help with my used V1

Quote Originally Posted by VietNinjaXTC
    I've been reading threads on this board about the V1...even before I bought it, but I just now registered because I wanted to get some feedback/help with my V1.

I bought it used from Craigslist last Friday (5/18) and I've driven well over 200 miles since then both in the city and on the highway. The problem is...I have only gotten ONE alert (which happened to be a false alarm). I have driven by the exact same area and I haven't been able to reproduce the alert. The previous owner said it worked without any issues (of course) and the unit looked to be in good physical condition.

Since then I have tried driving on campus UT past our speed signs...no alert. I drive by grocery stores and stores with automatic doors with the V1 in different positions on my windshield...no alerts. The lady @ VR when I called told me to drive by grocery stores and if it doesn't go off then I need to send it in.

My question is...is there anything else I can do to test this thing? Maybe reset it to factory? I looked through the "how to program your V1" and made sure that all my settings were set to the factory settings...but is there a more general "reset"? I don't mind sending it in...but I just want to see if there's anythng else I can do.

Thanks!!!
    Jeff
    you might only have ka band turn on someone else might help you out on how to got into program mode

I used the sticky in this thread about how to reprogram the V1...and everything checks out. All the settings match what is listed as the default settings.

I guess I'll just wait till this guy emails me back and see if he's willing to have it repaired...or if he can hook it up in his car and prove to me that it works =/...blegh.

Thanks for the comments though!

Lead Foot

Hello,

Go to the V1 site and run the serial number and see what it says: if it is up to date or what it needs for upgrades.

Take care,

Spin

I did and it says that my V1 is completely up to date with the exception of POP (which I hear most people turn off anyway). The hardware version is 1.8 and the software version (checked in programming mode) is 3.789.