Good Citizen

Default No automute in advanced logic mode

I normally keep my 3.858 in A mode since I have X turned off. In logic mode "little L" K band auto mute works fine. In big L mode The auto mute dosn't work at all I tried turning the unit on and off, as well as cycling through all of the modes a few times. Any Ideas?

Professional

Well Advanced Lodgic mode works like this however long you have the time set for in b,c,and d it will NOT alert visually or audibly for that time unless if e or f threshold breaks (4 or 6 LED's)

It is confusing at first but you get the hang of it.

Ace

Speed Demon

did you actually program your V1 to enable the automute?? It won't just do it simply because you are in logic or advanced logic mode.

Good Citizen

Yes, it is programmed to auto mute, it is set to un-mute at 6 lights, and I programed in a 20 second mute time. As I said, it works like it is supposed to in logic mode, but in advanced logic mode it dosn't work at all.

Radar Fanatic

There is no automute in adv logic.

In adv logic it won't even show up on your display till it hits the 6 light threshold - or 20 seconds as you've programmed it, whichever comes first.

This is very dangerous and don't recommend it.

Experienced

In litlle 'l' mode it should alert to 'K' excepted muted, unless the strength threshold is exceeded, the timer threshold is exceeded, or the algorithm believes it may be a valid threat.

In big 'L' mode, it should not alert at all to the muted alerts described above.

What I suggest is you find a K band door opener and park in that parking lot, far enough away that the detector will mute the alerts. Start in 'A" and verify no muting, then little 'l' and observe any muting and then big 'L' and those muted alerts in 'l' mode should cease until your timer threshold (20 seconds) is exceeded.

Remember, if the algorithm thinks it's a valid threat, it will unmute in any mode, this can occur at any signal strength and all mute preferences are ignored.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by zappy
    Remember, if the algorithm thinks it's a valid threat, it will unmute in any mode, this can occur at any signal strength and all mute preferences are ignored.
    I've never heard of this. . at what point would the v1 decide "this is a false" or "this is legit"? I never heard of it having this? Do you have any proof?

Experienced

I heard it so long ago (shortly after the V1 was released), I can't remember where I heard it. I have seen it occur on my V1.

Suggest checking out Jim's comments on it:

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...ghlight=muting