Default Enabling remote and main display?

Has anyone successfully been able to get the remote display and the main unit display both to be active? I love the accessablility of having the remote near me for the mute button but the display of the main unit by my mirror allows me to keep my eyes on the road better. I have it in a full size van so I'm not worried about anyone seeing it from behind me.
    Thanks!

Advanced Member

Default Re: Enabling remote and main display?

Quote Originally Posted by xtreem
    Has anyone successfully been able to get the remote display and the main unit display both to be active? I love the accessablility of having the remote near me for the mute button but the display of the main unit by my mirror allows me to keep my eyes on the road better. I have it in a full size van so I'm not worried about anyone seeing it from behind me.
    Thanks!
    I don't think this is possible. The detector doesn't send out data for the remote display unless it "sees" that the remote display is connected, when this happens it also blanks the main display. If there IS a way to do this, it would most likely require modifying the V1 itself.

Newcomer

You can always just make your own remote mute button if you don't want the remote display. Schematics can be found in the thread below:

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtopic.php?t=14705

Legal in 41 States

Its a matter of the internal resistance of the concealed display, the V1 senses it and shuts the main display off. It would be almost impossible to add back the voltage drop created by the concealed display.

Speed Demon

x2 on remote mute button

you can even find ones on ebay

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by REBinc
    Its a matter of the internal resistance of the concealed display, the V1 senses it and shuts the main display off. It would be almost impossible to add back the voltage drop created by the concealed display.
    Even if you could . . . theoretically its impossible.

I'm assuming its 2 wire combination - positive and negative. It senses the remote display and shuts down the internal display. In order for it to work - I would think you would have to have something to backfeed the exact amount of current back into the v1. Chances are that you'd blow something - or ruin it.

You could give v1 a call and talk to the tech's and see what they say - but they probably will just tell you flat out that it is impossible.