I drove about 300 miles this weekend and I haven't seen any evidence that my V1 has any problems.
First, I got another chance to test out the false alarm guard against a stationary (and very weak) Ka signal from a police car in a parking lot. There was absolutely no difference in warning range as far as I could tell. I made about 4 or 5 passes, toggling the guard each time. I got a few hundred feet of warning no matter what, which isn't too bad considering that the radar unit was pointed directly into a masonry building. Can't expect much there.
I only had one legitimate encounter with radar, and that was in Rhode Island. There was a state trooper parked facing south-bound at the end of a south-bound service area on 95. I was headed north bound and caught what I think was an instant-on hit on Ka. This was another lousy situation for catching it because my elevation was probably 20 or 30 feet above his and I was coming around a bend. I wondered for a second if he was checking my speed but I don't think that would have been possible.
Finally, the false alarm guard did a really good job at keeping down the falses. I would have expected the V1 to drive me a little nuts in all that traffic but I didn't get a single un-explained Ka false. I got only one Ka blip and the "J" indicator cancelled it almost as soon as it started. No real radar in the area.
Next weekend has the potential for another 500-600 miles of driving across southern New England and New York, and then later in the month I should be headed for NH and Maine. If there really are any problems with this firmware version, I'm bound to find out by the end of July!