Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Drive from Columbus to Orlando

I drove from Columbus to Orlando this weekend and had quite a few encounters...The best was a laser shot from an overpass (to the rear of my car) that my oldschool Bel 904 jammed. I was cruising about 20 over and saw an unmarked car ahead so I slowed up a tiny bit to around 15 over when all the sudden my jammer goes off (really loud cause i had the top down) and it scared the crap out of me...I didn't see any cops though, then the valentine went off as a laser hit from the rear so I look up and there's a cop on the overpass shooting laser. I slowed up and let him get a reading and didn't get pulled over so that was an awesome save. I had a couple good Ka saves, one instant on that the valentine picked up well. I think I may have had one K save but mainly falses driving through big cities. I love the valentine after this trip and my bel 904 is still serving its purpose years after I originially bought it...

Good Citizen

Nasty trap - great save.

Experienced

Were you in GA when that occurred? That type of ambush is very common on I-75 in GA, either head on or tail on laser. Usually I get prior warning with my V1 with head on, but nada from the tail (my rear glass blocks about 90% of IR).
    Nice to hear.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by zappy
    Were you in GA when that occurred? That type of ambush is very common on I-75 in GA, either head on or tail on laser. Usually I get prior warning with my V1 with head on, but nada from the tail (my rear glass blocks about 90% of IR).
    Nice to hear.
    i've never seen tail laser in ga. Its only the gsp that could do it couse the regular cops have to be visible from 500ft.

Lead Foot

A side question: Does your 904 automatically power itself on when you turn on your ignition, or do you have to hit its power button each time? The instructions say it can (as does every other bel product) but mine doesn't.

Professional

It is very common for the gsp to shoot laser from overpass on i75. The other thing is tifton city police also shoot laser in dark blue chargers, they hide between cones and signs in construction.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by polakatl
    i've never seen tail laser in ga. Its only the gsp that could do it couse the regular cops have to be visible from 500ft.
    I've seen 'em on an overpasses as well. The guy several car lengths in front of me got nailed.

Yeah, GSP has less restrictions. City or county LEO's can't write you for less than 10 over the limit. GSP can write you for 1 over if they wanted to.

and Tifton is a pain, I have to stop at the StarBucks at that exit to get a break from the construction speed limits.

Good Citizen

Yep it was on 75 I think about 20 minutes after I passed through Atlanta...definitely was a GSP car. He wasn't on the actual overpass but on the side sitting in the grass where you couldn't see him til it was too late.

Good Citizen

Oh and yea my 904 has to be turned on every freaking time....it's not supposed to but I just deal with it.

Yoda of Radar

That sounds like more evidence that the Magical Arrows of Doom are a great tool to have...you're MUCH less likely to ignore an alert and write it off as a false it the detector tells you where to look and you SEE the LEO.