Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Europeans Users

  1. #1

    Default Europeans Users

    Hi to All

    Not easy to find a lot of informations here in Europe and especially in France where I'm living, it seems there is a great black out here from our autorities LOL .....

    Trying to find informations it seems that for Europe but mainly for me France, the Valentine One is the most able to use detect our radars
    Is someone able to be helfull there ???

    Any experiences from EU users ?

    Best Regards

    Fred

  2. #2
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sofia-Bulgaria
    Posts
    79

    Default

    My experience in France...dont drive over 150km/h and hide your detector like you are trasporting drugs...dont use it.

    I have hard a case that the french cops have pulled someone with a radar detector after they detected him with Spectera...the person was fined 1000euro and even his car was confiscated. The radar detector was crashed on the site.

    I really didnt want to risk my V1 worth 400$ in money worth a lot more for me (saved me thousands of times), getting a fine of more then 400euro and my alfa romeo being confiscated.

    The only thing I can say about France (radar detector wise)....is forget about the french revolution and all the liberties...it is a cop country...not that the USA is better but at least they let you play the game.

    But in fact speed limit of 150km/h (almost 100mph) is not that bad.

    Try seaching the forum to see what frequencies are used in France...

  3. #3
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KGB
    My experience in France...dont drive over 150km/h and hide your detector like you are trasporting drugs...dont use it.

    I have hard a case that the french cops have pulled someone with a radar detector after they detected him with Spectera...the person was fined 1000euro and even his car was confiscated. The radar detector was crashed on the site.

    I really didnt want to risk my V1 worth 400$ in money worth a lot more for me (saved me thousands of times), getting a fine of more then 400euro and my alfa romeo being confiscated.

    The only thing I can say about France (radar detector wise)....is forget about the french revolution and all the liberties...it is a cop country...not that the USA is better but at least they let you play the game.

    But in fact speed limit of 150km/h (almost 100mph) is not that bad.

    Try seaching the forum to see what frequencies are used in France...
    I am off to Cannes, France for 2 weeks, leaving on tuesday, was thinking about bringing my V1, guess not

  4. #4
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    476

    Default

    if we had 150KM/h speed limit over here I could sell my RD 8)

  5. #5

    Default

    Well here in France speeds limits are
    Motorway: 130 km/h (Spain, Italy: 120 km/h)
    City: 50 km/h
    Road: 90 km/h

    Also like one said having a RD is well punished here, must be extremely carefully, that is why many here are looking that US factories find finally the full invisibility against Spectre

  6. #6
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    10,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LiQuiDz
    if we had 150KM/h speed limit over here I could sell my RD 8)
    Here the max speed is 100... and everybody drives 120. So if we had a 150 limit, would everyone drive 170?!

  7. #7
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    Quote Originally Posted by LiQuiDz
    if we had 150KM/h speed limit over here I could sell my RD 8)
    Here the max speed is 100... and everybody drives 120. So if we had a 150 limit, would everyone drive 170?!
    YES IM SHURE OF THAT!!!, but will we ever see 150KM/h LIMIT.. NO :x

  8. #8
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sofia-Bulgaria
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Yep France is 130 but + the 20 over police tolarence you get

    130+20=150km/h but dont go over that...many of their radar guns are set to "record" anything over 150km/h!!!...that is what I meant...150

    OOO yeeee Spain 120km/h...

    Depending on where you drive...you can go up to 200km/h and still be Ok.

    ps: My test for the max speed of my car was in Spain 225km/h from 1.9litre diesel Alfa Romeo :wink:

  9. #9
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Staffordshire, Uk
    Posts
    1,999

    Default

    go germany or the isle of man and do the clock!

  10. #10

    Default

    Well the factory who will provide a complete invisibility to Spectre will have a lot of orders from countries where using a RD is illegal
    Can find easily 15 people interested without making any publicity on that according the final price .....

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Question for europeans only.
    By kowalski in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-27-2012, 05:59 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-15-2008, 12:56 PM
  3. RADAR DETECTOR USERS SAFER THAN NON-USERS?
    By icantdrive55 in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-01-2006, 07:43 PM
  4. Europeans Users
    By fred france in forum Escort
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-28-2005, 12:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •