Good Citizen

Default Wow.. I love the V1

After 1600 miles round trip:

• 2.5 miles IO Ka on the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway in LA
    • 2.9 miles IO Ka rear detection (after passing the LEO who was in the median shooting the other side)
    • 3.6 miles , a k-band speed sign
    • .9 mile CO Ka

I also got some other warnings but couldn't confirm where was the LEO (traveling at night) so I'm not counting those.

I'm happy

Professional

me 2

Power User

Default Re: Wow.. I love the V1

Quote Originally Posted by tvbi
    After 1600 miles round trip:

• 2.5 miles IO Ka on the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway in LA
    It's fun to pick up those cops up from miles away on the Causeway. Be on the lookout for LTI lidar on the bridge at the 9 mile marker heading south because cops hang out there.

Old Timer

v1 rocks

Newcomer

hopefully by friday, ill be thinking the same. newb here if you didnt notice.

just a side note....thank you for this forum and thanks GOL for the awsome tests. up until about 3 or 4 months ago, i was ignorant to the amount of info and interest in RDs. here i thought i was some kinda geek.heh.

my 1st V1 is in transit as we speak. looking forward to see how it performs vs my RX65, which once the V1 arrives, officially belongs to my woman......there is a recurring and almost clockwork effort by LEOs during my trip to work. i figured that a V1 would be best for me since i mostly drive in very very rural areas and spend 90miles a day on the highway 5 days a week. we'll see next week. ive owned several cheap($100 or less) RDs in my past and so far the RX65 has been far superior...which led me to search out an even better open highway unit. also a factor in me giving up the Bel......my woman's RD just crapped out so i figured id give her my newly aquired RX65 and buy a V1. smart move? i think so. neither one of us can affort a citation.