Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default can I mute K for longer than 30 secs?

I have my K-band muted for 30 secs (options 7, b, C & d; software ver 3.619). Initially I tried it at 5 secs, but that quickly seemed pointless. Even at 30 secs I'm still getting low-strength signals that show up just because of the time that's passed.

Is there some way I can set the automute to infinity without completely disabling K? (I still want options E & F *enabled*). I'd have thought that 30 secs would have been well long enuf to get me by anything spraying non-police RADAR, but alas it seems not...

cheers
    Toby.

Radar Fanatic

Yup, shut off K band. Just kidding. I too wish that VR would add another option to "permanently" mute weak K band.

Newcomer

So that's it?
    Anyone know how to hack these things?

Power User

Try muting rear K band. Helps a lot because once you passed the source after 30 sec, it will still mute the source.

Newcomer

Turning on rear K muting is total, right? That is, no matter how strong the K signal coming from the rear is, there will be no reporting, irrespective of the delay set up in b, C & d (?). How "safe" is this?

(As as experiment, I'll try to pay attention to these false alerts to see what % are to the rear).

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by tpd15
    Turning on rear K muting is total, right? That is, no matter how strong the K signal coming from the rear is, there will be no reporting, irrespective of the delay set up in b, C & d (?). How "safe" is this?

(As as experiment, I'll try to pay attention to these false alerts to see what % are to the rear).
    Muting rear K band is just like using other detectors in the market with only one receiver.

Lead Foot

8)

LOL if you want a very quite detector, alum foil over both horns works well.

Take care,

Spin

Running for cover. lol

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Spinner55
    8)

LOL if you want a very quite detector, alum foil over both horns works well.

Take care,

Spin

Running for cover. lol
    I'll bet you 10 bucks that even with any amount of aluminum covering it short of absurdity, the V1 will still alert at a further range than 50% of the detectors on the market

Radar Fanatic

If you turn on rear K band muting, the V1 will still visually "report" the rear K band without the full volume alert. It will be a "muted" alert. Hope this helps, Scott

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by KaPro
    If you turn on rear K band muting, the V1 will still visually "report" the rear K band without the full volume alert. It will be a "muted" alert. Hope this helps, Scott
    In advance logic mode ('L') it will never give any indication from the rear. 'L' not suggested with forward K band muting set as that will not report either until the strength exceeds or the timer expires. Some rare reporting exceptions occur.