Lead Foot

Default so where the hell is my stealth V1 godammit ??

With the STI and its stupid KA problem and belscort doing its stupid **** and not letting people see if the fix is in their RDs im ready to switch (actually i was ready months ago).
    So where the hell is my Stealth Spectre proof V1 ?? Why the hell isnt Velentine out there producing a STI alternative ??
    They could clean up the market right now.

Radar Fanatic

Two possibilities:

1) Spectre immunity is not a priority for VR, and therefore you won't be seeing that feature anytime soon.

2)They are working on it. It's not like they can copy BEL's method as BEL most likely patented it. Maybe if and when they have Spectre immunity, it will be better than the STi. As we know the STi, though it is one of the top RDs, is having some issues.

GTO_04

Default Re: so where the hell is my stealth V1 godammit ??

Quote Originally Posted by Zurk
    With the STI and its stupid KA problem and belscort doing its stupid *BEEP* and not letting people see if the fix is in their RDs im ready to switch (actually i was ready months ago).
    So where the hell is my Stealth Spectre proof V1 ?? Why the hell isnt Velentine out there producing a STI alternative ??
    They could clean up the market right now.
    I'm with you on that! Though I think it would be a little more complex to acheive this on a V1 because of front and back antennas Mike should be able to figure it out! Though I now own both and I like the STI (33.8 is a *****) I just love the arrows on the V1!

Mike are you out there? We need you man! Give us some top notch engineering once again will ya????

Scratonicity Groupie

buy an analog V1 on eBay and sent it off to Roy Zegler (SP?) and he can fix it.

Yoda of Radar

He can't do digital V1s?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by JDS
    He can't do digital V1s?
    No, since they went to digital temperature compensation, they drilled a hole in the antenna assembly and now it is less stealthy than before. GOL tests show a significant increase in the Spectre detection range in the newer versions. Word has it that Roy Z cannot stealth the newer V1s.

Staton's suggestion is very good BTW and probably just increased the resale value of older V1s without the digital temperature compensation! The older version is a must have for those who want to stealth the V1.

GTO_04

Professional

again.... no real need for V1 to address the stealth factor. Majority of all sales are inside the United States and there are only 2 places in side the usa where rd's are illegal.

stealth, not a concern.

Trucks and commerical vehicles? CB radio.

Yoda of Radar

I suspect a lot of trucks and commercial vehicles will be getting equipped with an STi, a CB complements an RD rather than replacing it. The V1 could cut into that if VR could stealth it.

Radar Fanatic

IMHO, the more stealth RDs the better. One reason we don't see more RD bans is because they are difficult to enforce. Once word gets out about Spectre (courtesy auto insurance lobbysits) you can expect to see more proposals to ban RDs.

In the early 90s, insurance lobbyists were braggging about the VG-2 and how it would make it easy to enforce RD bans. The RD manufacturers jumped on that and defeated the VG-2. There was a significant decrease in the number of proposed RD bans after that time.

It is not good to be complacent about RD bans! Don't be lulled into a falses sense of security because they only apply to commercial vehicles. That can change very quickly!

GTO_04