Ok I finally got my Remote Display and decided to document step by step what i did. My original car stereo was a Double Din unit but i replaced it with a after market single din unit. I installed the remote display in the left over slot.
-Sand Paper both 60 grit and 220 grit
-hot glue gun/w glue
-Black Spray Paint
I fabricated a plastic insert to fill the extra din hole. (out of Lexan)
I traced the outside of the display on the lexan. Then with the drimel tool i cut the hole slightly smaller. Then carefully grinded it with a grinding attachment.
Place remote display in Lexan cut-out. Then Hot Glued the back side of the unit.Place Masking Tape on display side o help prevent scracthes.
Hot glued the Lexan plastic w/ remote display already attached and hot glued it in the 2nd Din slot.
Bondo the lexan and remote display to where they were flush with the stereo bracket. (Make sure if needed re-tape display to prevent scatching)
Sanded first with 60 grit to get the rough material off, then followed up with the 220 grit.Once satisfied with outcome then it was time to paint.(Make sure if needed re-tape display to prevent scatching)
Paint several light coats with a few mins of dry time in between. Then follow up with a pretty heavy coat. Right after doing this, then take your paint roller and run it over the surface.(This def. helps hide the bemishes) Allow to dry...(Make sure if needed re-tape display to prevent covering display with paint)
The final Pics of the installed unit will be up probably tomorrow.