Lead Foot

Default Questions for the V1 Elders

Greetings everyone, as you all well know, I purchased a V1 errr...not too long ago, but I've got some questions...Has anyone else noticed that the V1 alerts to X or K at a certain spot that other detectors alert and, but then drops the alert, only to alert a little bit down the road? Also we have a walgreens on the corner of an intersection, and when I approach the intersection with the walgreens to my left, and am turning left, the V1 will alert as I approach the intersection, but while I'm waiting to turn left, it goes dead quiet, and back to the good ole "A" and as I start going to turn left, it starts alerting again??? :? My STi and X50 screamed all the way around this turn every time at about 2-3 bars of strength....granted the X50 and STi didn't give me as early of a "blip" as the V1 did...what's the deal? :cry: I have yet to have any Ka encounters as they LEO's are gone for this weekend for some reason. Also, the other day in hendersonville, a LEO was on walton ferry running constant on K over a hill, as I'm approaching the hill I get a blip of K band, then silence, and then as I crest the hill I see him with the front end of his car facing perpendicularly to the path of the road, so foward facing radar would have been useless, however he was looking down doing paperwork! and as I passed him I get another "blip" with the arrows pointing to the side, and then nothing ...is something wrong with my V1 you think?

Edit: pop is disabled FYI

Founder of Stealthvation

Keep in mind that the Belscort products keep alerting for a few seconds after the signal is no longer present. They have what I call is a lagging effect. For example if you pull the trigger of a radar gun for one second the Belscort products will alert for about 3 seconds even though you do not have the trigger pressed.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Keep in mind that the Belscort products keep alerting for a few seconds after the signal is no longer present. They have what I call is a lagging effect. For example if you pull the trigger of a radar gun for one second the Belscort products will alert for about 3 seconds even though you do not have the trigger pressed.
    Well I knew the RX-65 did, but sometimes I sit at this light for a good 30 seconds and the V1 stays dead quiet until I start going again...so the 3 second rule...I dunno if it would still work...it would seem the V1 would every now and then "catch" the weak signal and alert...but it doesn't :?

Banned

was up happy.x2 on what happya$$ says

Lead Foot

Bah, I'll just have to get a video of it, everyone probably thinks I'm talking out of my ass, gotta get in touch with my sister to borrow the X50

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0mizer
    Bah, I'll just have to get a video of it, everyone probably thinks I'm talking out of my ass, gotta get in touch with my sister to borrow the X50
    No we dont think that :wink: .but if you can get it on video we would like to see it.

Scratonicity Groupie

my 3.813 does the same thing and so does happya$$'s I honestly don't think anything about it. If it's in Big L it could be the K band filtering taking place or the X band filtering.

But I have noticed it with A & Big L. I don't care because I know it's legit the V1 will own it.

On my way back to KY from Ohio right before I was about to cross the KY state line and was going through Cincinnati I got a weak K band hit that went quiet. 10 seconds later it came back then went quiet. Finally about 45 seconds later it started to be consistent and sure enough about 2 miles later down the road a Kentucky Vehicle Enforcement officer was setting on top of the hill. V1 had perfect ramp up once it locked on.

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton
    my 3.813 does the same thing and so does happya$$'s I honestly don't think anything about it. If it's in Big L it could be the K band filtering taking place or the X band filtering.

But I have noticed it with A & Big L. I don't care because I know it's legit the V1 will own it.

On my way back to KY from Ohio right before I was about to cross the KY state line and was going through Cincinnati I got a weak K band hit that went quiet. 10 seconds later it came back then went quiet. Finally about 45 seconds later it started to be consistent and sure enough about 2 miles later down the road a Kentucky Vehicle Enforcement officer was setting on top of the hill. V1 had perfect ramp up once it locked on.
    When it comes to pure sensitivity there is nothing better than the V1. Maybe someday there will be but until then V1 is it. It has been the ruler of sensitivity since 1992. The gap is closing though.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton

When it comes to pure sensitivity there is nothing better than the V1. Maybe someday there will be but until then V1 is it. It has been the ruler of sensitivity since 1992. The gap is closing though.
    Amen to that, finally got 2 miles of X band in hendersonville from a LEO and about 1/2 a mile K band behind a building and over a hill behind an overpass I had my pastor in the car with me and I got him to cuss when he saw the range of it ....bah...too bad cops are smart using K band in a K band infested area *sigh* but that's why the bogey counter saved me butt I would have just thought that I was getting a realllllly early Kroger warning .....still no Ka encounters yet