Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Professional

Default V1 wins again...

Upon reading the results of the 05 sml tests, I come to the conclusion that we really didnt learn anything NEW with these tests.

The tests that were conducted were good attempts, but when you fail to test all aspects of the detector including real life speed traps, the tests that were performed becomes moot.

Sure the V1 won the test again, but until an independent, objective test is conducted performing tests on actual real-life speed traps, front and rear detection on laser, k and ka, then these tests really don't mean too much and I do not put any stock in the results.

However, that being said, from the tests that were conducted, and NOT conducted, the V1 is the clear winner.

Old Timer

All of this coming from someone who has never tried the competition.... Brent, the only thing you care about is if v1 is the best.

Every test that has come out, you have complained this and that. Every test that we try to start, you complain you cant trust people with money, even though you were not a donor. How about you stop compaining and do your own tests? Put all this whining aside. Bedazzle us with your 100% honest real world test of profection that apparently only you can create.

The "real world" tests that you keep on praising that "need to be done" have been done, but guess what? You complain about that to as we see in Bobs ultimate radar review
    http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...r=asc&start=25

05 Real world testing, the veil guy and I on the road. X50 bleeps K, a second later the v1 bleeps K from behind. So how about this. The x50 picked up a signal on K before the v1 did even with its rear antenna? There is a lot that you obviously dont know. The stuff you do know you obvously dont want to accept.

What I cant understand is that you keep reading these tests to bash them.

Professional

Hey Sethy,
    Like you said in another post:

He has a problem when someone complains about Valentine.

Don't waste you're time trying to convince him that VR is not perfect.
    Just a reminder to listen to your own advise!!

Old Timer

Just for the rookies that dont read the other posts...

Professional

instead of worrying about the V1 forum, you need to be worried about why your detector failed to pick up laser...

being that laser detection technology has been out for SEVERAL years. and your detectors failed miserably against a formidable threat. 8)

thats what I would be worried about... since laser is used on many highways.

Lead Foot

I have both detectors in question, and I can't imagine being so fanboyish over either of them.

But hey, that's just me.

V1 Zombie

Never discount the Arrows, my new 825 arrows are spot on every time and bogey count is too. At long range the arrows work best one weak hit from the front can mean at full hit 2 mins later or more you cant bet them 8). brent this forum will never change. However its easy to see sethy has worked hard here and i will give him respect. The best way to get the results you want is to own and live with all three of the top dectors. You have a V1. go buy a second hand rx65 and x50 they are cheap as.
    My new 825 is unreal it kicksa$$ i have no problem at all with it. Infact i wouldn't give a sh!t if bell had a better detector on the market i :mrgreen: The V1 3.825 is "The best detector in the world" (im glade i can say this here and not be jumped on and called a "zombie" )

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Brent_Vino
    instead of worrying about the V1 forum, you need to be worried about why your detector failed to pick up laser...

being that laser detection technology has been out for SEVERAL years. and your detectors failed miserably against a formidable threat. 8)

thats what I would be worried about... since laser is used on many highways.
    Are you forgetting that I have a v1 as well?

During tests of my own with the osprey, when the vehicle was being hit the x50 would alert. Yes, no advanced warning. (still havnt received advanced warning on my v1) But then again thats why bob created veil, and leon created blinder.

You're right. Your on a lone road, and hit with laser. The v1 will alert you that you have just received a ticket.

There is no good warning for laser, even the v1 is not good enough. It has the best laser out there, no doubt- but if laser is your concern, you would be buying a blinder.

You contradicted yourself on the fact that you brought SML up to support your v1 & bash the x50, when you were just saying how useless the SML tests are...

Good Citizen

Where can you find the SML results??

- jordan

Professional

They will be out shortly... They're not "official" yet. Roy is still going through them and getting them finalized. Someone posted a link yesterday, but it is now deleted until Roy gets done doing what he's gotta do. The only people that have seen it are the admins and some of us "regular" users who caught the link before it was deleted. Roy should be done with them pretty quick.