Newcomer

Default Upgrades by VR from/to New Zealand

First of all thank you for all the information and test results.Have been a browser for a few years now and have learned heaps.

My question is how did V1 users from NZ get around VRs ship only to the States policy when updating there V1.My current V1 is a 3.813 and could do with better Ka for Multanova detection.
    Also does VR sell direct to NZ via the web.I see RRoy no longer sells V1.Any other recommended resellers you could suggest for another V1 for the wife's car would be appreciated.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Upgrades by VR from/to New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by neil09 NZ
    First of all thank you for all the information and test results.Have been a browser for a few years now and have learned heaps.

My question is how did V1 users from NZ get around VRs ship only to the States policy when updating there V1.My current V1 is a 8.133 and could do with better Ka for Multanova detection.
    Also does VR sell direct to NZ via the web.I see RRoy no longer sells V1.Any other recommended resellers you could suggest for another V1 for the wife's car would be appreciated.
    i think you might want to re-check your version number and your best bet it to try to get a contact from the states to do the shipping exchange for you and throw them a couple extra bucks (obviously someone u can trust) b/c its not a good idea to buy a v1 from anywhere but VR b/c u dont know if something could be wrong with a unit and u cant find out either by sending it to vr for a check-up since your in NZ.

Newcomer

My bad 3.813 ops:
    Will I get better Ka from a newer version there semes to be some conflict of view with the j filter droping weak signals one problem with that- Multanova!! Cant use euro because we have in car 34.7Ka.

Newcomer

Default Re: Upgrades by VR from/to New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by neil09 NZ
    My question is how did V1 users from NZ get around VRs ship only to the States policy when updating there V1.My current V1 is a 3.813 and could do with better Ka for Multanova detection.
    I upgraded by purchasing a new 3.861 recently. It replaced my 7-year old V1 1.7. VR does not sell to NZ, going by their web site. When I asked a local reseller in NZ what it would cost to upgrade, I was told $NZ 500. I ended up buying a new one and selling the old one on TradeMe - the price difference turned out to be just just $NZ 300. So that was clearly the cheaper option for me. The new one I purchased new on TradeMe too.
    To be honest I find it difficult to judge any improvement in Ka band detection range. (I drive with X and K bands disabled, POP too). So here's my suggestion: give your wife the old V1 and buy a new one for yourself. There's a guy on TradeMe selling the latest V1s with a 2-year warranty. That swung the decision for me.

V1 Zombie

All good. NZ do not have Multanova 34.3 GHz here (trust me been through it time and time again in this forum) it's the "auto patrol 100" speed cam's @34.6 GHz. I got a 950 meters detection the other day on my .826. So think you will fine the V1 pretty good with them. I have found my .826 to have better Ka than my old .813 could be the .826 is a better unit in it's self or VR have made a small Ka gain not too sure.
    Just keep in mine when dealing with trade me the customer service is hard to get, if you spend a bit more by dealing with a detector dealer you get much better service eg your unit is ghosting or false a lot on Ka I wont a replacement MR DEALER, insures , up grades, knowledge etc. I highly recommend going the dealer route it will save you in the long term.