Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default 3.825 Euro against Photoradar

Well I've had my V1 back from VR about two weeks now. The settings are Euro mode, capital 'U' and KA band falseguard off, option 6. Everything else is factory.

I don't know how to start, firstly the past couple of months most or all multanovas here were KA band, what exact frequency I don't know.
    My previous firmware I can't remember, but it was Pop1 ready 3.816? Anyway KA would only sound when next to the camera, on some lucky nights it would actually give good distance warning, between 400~100m, with or without traffic. I say nights because that's the only time it ever happens. :shock: Daytime always warns when extremely close or next to the radar.

Anyway back to today, the problem is that now the multanovas seem to be running on K band, again frequency unknown! Oh what for a Belscort.....
    I have only started to run into radar, these last couple of days, and warning distance has gone up to approx 100m in daytime compared to the, previous next to the box situation. But these are K band now, would there be a difference if they were KA?
    I must say I was lucky not to have disabled the K band using the small 'u' otherwise I maybe looking at some nice pics in the post.
    It's just strange that the police here have changed from KA to K about the same time I had my unit upgraded, had me worried that V1 is translating the wrong frequency.
    Crux is am I happy with the Euro?
    Yes but it still could be better.

Cheers

Professional

Careful... I think you're in HK too.

Those aren't Multanovas, those are "gatso"-style photo radars. If you had an X50 or RX65 you can see the exact frequency.

Note that some of Multanovas that are SUPPOSED to run at 34.3 are now running at 34.1 or so, and this is confirmed with multiple units so it is NOT just my radar detector alone detecting the frequency shifting. Both X50 and RX65 detect this.

I am not sure how wide the V1 EUR sweep of 34.3 is, but I would be concerned if it shifts lower, then you might be screwed as it might only sweep 34.2-34.4KA.

Anyway, the X50 gets about 8-10 seconds warning against those K band radars, still better than the V1 for whatever reason, or at least about the same. No big difference between V1 or X50.

Only time I noticed a difference is the KA band, where the X50 would give, just last night against photo radar KA, about 7 seconds warning (and I wasnt' going a slow speed :twisted: ), which is much more than regular V1 latest revision (but not EUR model).

Hope you can do more tests! What kind of car do you drive?

Radar Fanatic

valentine says

10.500 - 10.550 GHz (X band)
    24.050 - 24.250 GHz (K band)
    33.400 - 36.000 GHz (Ka band)
    13.400 - 13.500 GHz (Ku band)

i'm not sure why your getting such low range!

have you tried running in the normal modes! like all bogeys!

if your still having problems contact vr and ask them what maight be wrong!

where have you got it mounted!

are there window wipers or tint band in front of the len!!

Good Citizen

If the *&^%& in HK have tuned their Radars to anything below 34.3Ghz, then surely that would be encrouching a different waveband, how would they get away with that? I'll ask OFTA!
    Secondly if that was the case would the V1 class that as K band? Like I said I yearn for Belscort info on frequency!
    As for windscreen info and mounting, my V1 is below the rear view mirror and my car is one with an athmeric screen. But I find no difference in reception.
    I'll keep testing and offer more info.
    It's a real bugger trying to find cameras that work, cos the cops keep swapping an changing.

Cheers

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by laserblaster
    valentine says

10.500 - 10.550 GHz (X band)
    24.050 - 24.250 GHz (K band)
    33.400 - 36.000 GHz (Ka band)
    13.400 - 13.500 GHz (Ku band)

i'm not sure why your getting such low range!

have you tried running in the normal modes! like all bogeys!

if your still having problems contact vr and ask them what maight be wrong!

where have you got it mounted!

are there window wipers or tint band in front of the len!!
    Note that he said he has enabled the "EUR" mode. This is a special V1 mode that ONLY scans 34.3KA... not the entire KA band range.

Radar Fanatic

yeah i forgot about that!!

i think they are definetly doing something at them.. the radars i mean!!

its rather strange!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seven
    If the Pigs in HK
    We've dealt with this issue before.
    Roy ( a retired LEO) who sponsors this Forum and most board members do not appreciate LEO's being refered to as PIGS.....Grow Up......

Professional

Some cops are nice, but some cops get off on a power trip and act like assh01es... but that happens in any position of power i guess, not just cops.

Experienced

Default Multanovas on K band? Yes!

Actually, what you think is Multanova and working on K band is called MultaRadar C, it can be used on tripods, or mounted in cars or trash bins, basic principle same as Multanova 6F, only the operating frequency is 24.100 GHz +/- 25 Mhz, which is K band. Check out more at http://www.multanova.ch/produkte_geschw_radar_en.php.

Radar Fanatic

:!: :twisted: