Experienced

Default Problem with intermittent x-band and strong x-band leakage

I just received a used v3.789 and took it with me on my drive to work this morning. The moment I powered it up this morning, it reported a 1 dot X-band signal to the rear. It would intermittently report this signal as I was driving through my sub, out of my sub, out onto the roads, and into the company parking lot. There would be about a 10 second gap between each alert. Sometimes I would get up to 2 bogies rear.

However, I had an interesting theory. I powered up my PRO78 pointing at the V1 on and immediately, the PRO78 went full blast on X-band. I moved the 78 to the back of the car and it still reported a strong X-band signal. I'm thinking that the reason I keep getting X-band alerts on the V1 from the rear is because it's detecting its own leakage reflected about in the car.

Does anyone else have a similar problem? Are V1's supposed to leak so much on X-band?

Scratonicity Groupie

Default Re: Problem with intermittent x-band and strong x-band leaka

Quote Originally Posted by pronacyk
    I just received a used v3.789 and took it with me on my drive to work this morning. The moment I powered it up this morning, it reported a 1 dot X-band signal to the rear. It would intermittently report this signal as I was driving through my sub, out of my sub, out onto the roads, and into the company parking lot. There would be about a 10 second gap between each alert. Sometimes I would get up to 2 bogies rear.

However, I had an interesting theory. I powered up my PRO78 pointing at the V1 on and immediately, the PRO78 went full blast on X-band. I moved the 78 to the back of the car and it still reported a strong X-band signal. I'm thinking that the reason I keep getting X-band alerts on the V1 from the rear is because it's detecting its own leakage reflected about in the car.

Does anyone else have a similar problem? Are V1's supposed to leak so much on X-band?
    When I ran a whistler & v1 together the whistler also reported heavy leakage from the V1. my guess is something is wrong with the V1 and she needs to be sent in to the homeland.