Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Any word if there are plans to disable the "J" fea

I will probably place my order for a V1 tomorrow (OUCH). Mainly because it sounds like it is the most user configurable as far as filtering goes, and you can minimize the filtering. I don't mind chatty, or at least visibly chatty. In my opinion once you learn the detector you can the best chance of determining if a reading is false, or if something has changed in the routine. If needed some filtering is available.

The "J" feature is the only thing that has me a little concerned. It sounds like once a J is displayed, the detector can be "silent" to real threat for a couple of seconds. I would rather have it disabled or display a J but switch back to regular mode shortly If the count changes or the signal stops and then reappears, I would rather know about it and decide what I want to do.

Default J

You can disable that feature through the programming mode if you want.

Good Citizen

You can disable the junk setting.
    Change Option number 6 in the programming to arrow down (Guard Off)

Speed Demon

Default Re: J

Quote Originally Posted by radar_hunter123
    You can not disable the j-out feature in the v1 of my knowledge..I have the version right before the j-out version came out but, if I remember correctly, can not disable this feature

Default Re: J

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth 795
    Quote Originally Posted by radar_hunter123
    You can not disable the j-out feature in the v1 of my knowledge..I have the version right before the j-out version came out but, if I remember correctly, can not disable this feature
    the person above me just explained, the guard off can be removed

Radar Fanatic

Turning off the Ka guard does kill the "J" alert but makes V1 way too Ka chatty, you cannot drive with it that way but you can try.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by V1 Dave
    Turning off the Ka guard does kill the "J" alert but makes V1 way too Ka chatty, you cannot drive with it that way but you can try.
    thats what had happened with my old V1(rip :cry: ) anyway when i got it the guard was off and i was so confused as to why i would get a Ka alert every block keep it on, your ears and passengers with thank you :wink:

If Ka is used a lot, it'll get annoying everytime you slow down to realize there's no cop, That's a big no go if you speed. Ka is no rare thing in my city, you get an alert you're up next can't have a v1 crying wolf

Radar Fanatic

Turn off pop. . it's directly related. . but won't turn off the J feature all together.

Good Citizen

I thought the "J" also applied to K band (or even all bands), and that Option 6 referred to a filtering algorithm.

I would have put some money on that. :shock:

Mike really needs another or better tech rept. or manual page. There are so many assumptions and guesses out there.

Quote Originally Posted by V1 Dave
    If the Ka is to chatty with Option 6 off, then I would prefer muting options similar to what is available for K. (edit: accidentally typed Ka)

My previous - current RD is an old Uniden that was chatty and others found it annoying, so I'll have to at least try it. What was nice is that the city option didn't decrease sensitivity, it only required a higher signal level for an audible alert. But that only helped some considering it picked up EVERYthing.