Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: v1 policy

Professional

Default v1 policy

if you return your v1 for a refund for any reason and order again there will be a restocking fee of $50 if you return it again.

i think it is kinda baloney. what are they loosing to justify $50 restocking fee. they have 30 day fre trial anyway.

Banned

Default Re: v1 policy

Quote Originally Posted by guit123
    if you return your v1 for a refund for any reason and order again there will be a restocking fee of $50 if you return it again.

i think it is kinda baloney. what are they loosing to justify $50 restocking fee. they have 30 day fre trial anyway.
    yes you do only 1 time you can test the v1 for 30 days and get full refund.on the next time you try one out let's say you do then they will charge you like $40 to $50 if you return it to them and you dont want the v1.

Professional

i guess they want to cut down on returns, i just got my new v1 and hopefully it will be a better experience this time and i dont have to worry of returning it ever.

Speedtrap Crasher

i guess they want to cut down on returns, i just got my new v1 and hopefully it will be a better experience this time and i dont have to worry of returning it ever.
    Definitely^ and there's a little bit of work restocking consumer electronics. You need to make sure everythings in the box and that the unit still works. Then you need to process the SN and add it back into your inventory. All this is not revenue producing so a business needs to get something back for it.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Banned

what happen guit123 that you did not have a good experience with it?

Good Citizen

If you could keep doing this over and over again, it would be like a free rental.

I am not sure about V1, but some companies will offer a "test drive" of a new model if you are planning on getting a new one or upgrading. These are often refurbished or "demo" units.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by lowkey
    bought returned one and wasnt working right so i returned and this time i got a new one.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lowkey
    bought returned one and wasnt working right so i returned and this time i got a new one.
    hey that's sucks let us know how that range goes on ka band lots of motor jock cops out today at school zones useing the Talon 35.5ghz nice hot day to test your rd :wink:

Yoda of Radar

I can respect that, there are people out there who order one and use it for vacations etc and return it upon return. :wink:

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by pkquat

If you could keep doing this over and over again, it would be like a free rental.
    I agree with quit123 and strongly disagree with pkquat. I never had problems with Belscort regarding this situation although you don't get refunded with shipping cost but that is better than hitting you with a $50 restocking fee.

The reason i disagree with pkquat is because you can get a lemon from V1 and no manufacturer is exempted here incliding Belscort. A new unit may be broke, each version behaves differently and may be damage from shipping. Of course, V1's CS is superb but i think ordering it the 2nd time and returning it should not be charge with the restocking fee of $50. :cry: :cry:

I would say ordering the a V1 3 or more times(that's free rental) should be charge with the $50 restocking fee.