Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V1 and SWS

Default V1 and SWS

It kinda pisses me off that my V1 goes nuts on K with those SWS radars on the side of the road. I think they're SWS, not just drones, though I could be wrong.

Does the V1 _Not_ filter SWS K band, or does it and they're just drones.

If it doens't filter SWS, I'm kinda miffed.

Drive on the Pennsylvania Tpk, and let me know. There are K 'falses' everywhere. I started to ignore K band it was so bad.

They were those signs I'm used to in NY w/ trite stupid messages like "Buckle up" and "You're near a donut shop, slow down" and "Officer Porky wants head, etc"

JS

Speed Demon

Those signs are not SWS. The V1 doesnt have SWS. Those k band falses are coming from somewhere else. I wouldnt ignore them.

Good Citizen

I drove from Cleveland to Vermont in a friend's car with the X50. It would go off on K band for all the road construction signs, just like my V1 does. If it is on the frequency, your detector is going to pick it up, regardless of the source.

Rick

Advanced Member

SWS is rare to find!!!!!! You are running into k-band radar drones. I have driven through PA with SWS on and i didn't get a single SWS alert instead i ran into their k-band radar drones.....These were put into place to annoy detector users

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Professional

Here in Indiana we have SWS and I would say it must run on the K band because my pro58 detects the SWS but before it realizes it is SWS it detects K ban first, and my V1 goes off as well and displays the K band alert.
    The closer I get to one of the motorists helper vans that has the SWS system the PRO58 switches to SWS alert and the V1 still shows K band.

There have been times that I do not have the PRO58 with me and I have had these vehicles set off the V1 K alert as well, so I know it can not be the PRO58 setting off the V1.

Old Timer

On the way back from elyria, v1 and the x50 alerted to 2 signs that were outputting K band and X band

Advanced Member

I got an alert on the way down to Ohio from speed signs. There was a couple of them mounted to an overpass. But I forgot about them on the way back, and since they were mounted facing the other way, the K alert was weak so I thought it was a regular false until I passed under the overpass, and it ramped up VERY quick. My ABS kicked in before I rembered the damn signs :roll:

I know SWS is on K-band. I noticed a lot of signs that are safety related go off on K ... but v1 doesn't do SWS, so I dunno.

Why would they put drones on every one .. i dunno.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsirovic
    I know SWS is on K-band. I noticed a lot of signs that are safety related go off on K ... but v1 doesn't do SWS, so I dunno.

Why would they put drones on every one .. i dunno.
    Most of the radar guns in the drones are no longer functional enough to use in radar gun or no one wants to buy the band they run on cause people upgrade not down grade....So to slow speeders down that use detectors it's easy plus it will give a cop running instant on radar behind the sign some cover to hide behind

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Good Citizen

Default Signs

I'm in NY, and I encounter them on the NYS Thruway near the work zones, and they're in my opinion measuring and recording speeds in the work zone for statistics, etc... I hear they nabbed a bunch of people in those areas around 4th of July weekend time, so I wouldn't be suprised if they saw from the data people speeding there and decided to set up a trap.... because in NY, the law is, even if there are NO WORKERS present, you have to obey the posted work-zone limit in a work zone.. which IMHO is bull, for the most part..unless of course the lanes are narrow or some kind of hazard is present..

OR.. if they set up the signs to make detector users 'ignore' them only to then later have someone actually reading the data, busting people up ahead..IE: oh its just that sign with K-band on it... meanwhile there's a guy monitoring the readouts 1 day ...

As far as V1 and SWS, it just reports it as regular K-Band..which is what it is..I wouldn't want to ignore it as SWS in the event they use it to masquerade with..