Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Got a ticket, V1 didn't make a sound.

This is the second time this has happened to me. I am a loyal V1 owner and have one in each of my cars. I received a speeding ticket, written up as "radar" and at no time did my V1 make any noise. I don't understand. This has happened to me with two different V1's. Both are the latest model with the latest software. I don't understand.

The first time it happened I chalked it up to a cop not being truthful about hitting me a radar. I assumed he just lied and said he did. But it happened again.

I read thru many of the threads here and I don't see any other real examples of this. Any help would be appreciated.

Professional

Well this may sound stupid but do you have any radar bands turned off? Sometimes you may think a certain band is not used in your area when it is just perhaps not often.

Could be laser and just wrote radar to speed things up when writing the ticket?

A number of different things it could be though. Just sharing some help here is all.

Ace

he may not use a radar at all .. who knows.

my last ticket was (without a RD) similar in a way . i wasnt speeding and i'm sure he lies ...so now what ? how can i prove this. something is wrong with the system IMO. if you got a bad cop there , he can do whatever he want's . that is wrong.

Newcomer

Very strange, dont "they" have to show a pic or a proof of your speed?

In my country (Portugal, Europe) when we caught speeding they alawys have a proof a pic of your car and the speed that you were at the time in one of the corners.

Why cant you just ask for an evidence? Its a but subjective if no proof needs to be rpesented, they can just say i "saw" you speeding.

Only in smoe special cases where pursuit that the word of the LEO is all its needed but its in special cases when your driving rough and putting others in danger, but in that situation they pull you over.

If a ticket arrrived at your place, with a RADAR tag, just contact an attorney and find out how did it happen. Thats how its done in Europe, thats why the radar detector are illegal in most of the countrys. No slack for the drivers but no slack for the LEO´s either, only with proof!!

Good luck with that matter.

not here , i asked to see his radar gun with the speed.
    the LEO was really SOB .... he said " are you trained to operate a radar ?
    " and he had that nasty smile on his face .
    he refused .

Speed Demon

I had something similiar happen to me 2 years back. I was on my way to work for a special project at 3am Easter Sunday. I knew damn well not to speed through this particular area as they always run radar. I proceeded at the exact speed limit and went through a yield sign that was basically a 90 degree corner and I was pulled over soon after. The officer said that he clocked me going 45 in a 25 around this 90 degree corner. My V1 never alerted, but it worked fine a few moments later when a state officer was running radar a few miles down the road. Anyway, I said politely to the officer, "how can my Nissan Maxima take that 90 degree corner at 45 without doing it Dukes of Hazzard style". After he questioned me about what I was doing going to work on Easter Sunday, I asked to see the radar. He said that it was currently still running and not locked onto the point where he "clocked" me. Well, I'm in VA and I couldn't reach up and turn my V1 off because the entire time he was pulling me over he had his spot light on me. The V1 was silent and I was 100% positive that I was going the speed limit. In my situation I believe he was bored and I was the only person on the road. He most likely wanted to see if I had been drinking.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_Racer
    Well this may sound stupid but do you have any radar bands turned off? Sometimes you may think a certain band is not used in your area when it is just perhaps not often.

Could be laser and just wrote radar to speed things up when writing the ticket?

A number of different things it could be though. Just sharing some help here is all.

Ace
    Hi. No sir. I have the it set to the small L. And the laser warning never went off either. Its weird cause I followed the theory of "let someone else go first" so he can get hit by the radar/ laser first.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by danny_isr
    he may not use a radar at all .. who knows.

my last ticket was (without a RD) similar in a way . i wasnt speeding and i'm sure he lies ...so now what ? how can i prove this. something is wrong with the system IMO. if you got a bad cop there , he can do whatever he want's . that is wrong.
    I agree. It really stinks that there are cops out there like that. The ticket specifically states it was "Radar" that he got me with.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by grik

In my country (Portugal, Europe) when we caught speeding they alawys have a proof a pic of your car and the speed that you were at the time in one of the corners.

Why cant you just ask for an evidence? Its a but subjective if no proof needs to be rpesented, they can just say i "saw" you speeding.

Only in smoe special cases where pursuit that the word of the LEO is all its needed but its in special cases when your driving rough and putting others in danger, but in that situation they pull you over.

If a ticket arrrived at your place, with a RADAR tag, just contact an attorney and find out how did it happen. Thats how its done in Europe, thats why the radar detector are illegal in most of the countrys. No slack for the drivers but no slack for the LEO´s either, only with proof!!

Hi. In NJ/NY asking to see proof doesn't work. If anything, it leads to getting harassed even more. Its at the discretion of the officer.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Oranges
    Quote Originally Posted by grik

Hi. In NJ/NY asking to see proof doesn't work. If anything, it leads to getting harassed even more. Its at the discretion of the officer.
    No officer anywhere is required to show you anything. You have to be extremely polite. Sometimes they will and most of the time they won't.