Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Founder of Stealthvation

Guys this "newbie" is entitled to his opinion. I find it kind of funny that he gets on here attacking us from the get go. Cameron is that you
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Guys this "newbie" is entitled to his opinion. I find it kind of funny that he gets on here attacking us from the get go. Cameron is that you
    Well I'm not attacking you in general you've done some of the best tests going. I just think the Off Axis test was... to be charitable, not up to your usual standards.

I am attacking this statement:-

"As far as the stalker 34.7 GHz the V1 eats the sti in not only straight line detection but around the corner and most of all instant on."

Aaaand I've quoted your own test results to show that it's BS.

Being a newbie, athough not one called Cameron, you'd think it'd be easy to just blow me out of the water and point me to the test that showed this statement to be true. If you actually agree with it?

PS who was Cameron?

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by laswellbill
    Well I'm not attacking you in general you've done some of the best tests going. I just think the Off Axis test was... to be charitable, not up to your usual standard.
    Isn't that what you where saying here?
    GOL's off axis test? Worthless garbage.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Azonehits
    Quote Originally Posted by ghz1
    As far as the stalker 34.7 GHz the V1 eats the sti in not only straight line detection but around the corner and most of all instant on.
    Complete and utter BS.
    You have nothing to back your claims and just a word of mouth even if you use your STi and V1 day in and day out.

If you really have some proof on video, show it and do yourself a favor by doing some test. We would love to see it.
    Well how about some tests done by an outfit called GOL "Honest, real and legit...."

Check out Oct 2006. V1 and STi both outstanding side by side. So complete and utter BS there.

Check out March 2007. STi a smidgen ahead here. So complete and utter BS there too.
    So, who's on top?

Maybe it's time for you to stop calling me names and questioning my right to hold a view different to the sheep
    What kind of names did i call you? You where the one who started using the BS word.

Check out January 2008. V1 and STi locked in combat again with a smidgen of an advantage to the V1. So complete and utter BS there again.
    Am I stuck in a time machine or what? I think i need to call Doc because it seems that there is something wrong with the time machine.

come up with some facts of your own.
    I did some test a couple months ago with the V1 and STi over the hill test which was not documented on video and know very well who won. Here is a clip of one of the videos i did with 34.7(will be added soon). I have access to a stalker ATR and Dual SL FYI and i do my own testing too. Here's a link of the thread during my tests - http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...062&highlight= Sold my STi because of the 33.8 bug which i video'd.

So, how about your facts? Is it like this?
    Not great results all the time, it's very dependant on how they set them up and how much traffic is around to give reflections
    :roll:

^Whose on top versus 34.7? Personally I think both the V1 and STi are outstanding against it. I've had some prodigious distances with both of them. Too close to call and I'd be happy to rely on either. I think you'd have to test a lot of units to get a definitive answer and when they're both this good... who really cares?

This quote:-

" Not great results all the time, it's very dependant on how they set them up and how much traffic is around to give reflections"

refers to the photo radar we have over here and applies to both the V1 and the STi. I feel that the STi has the edge here and that's why it's my first choice in my conditions.

So after testing your own unit did you come to the conclusion that..

"As far as the stalker 34.7 GHz the V1 eats the sti in not only straight line detection but around the corner and most of all instant on."

Power User

No doubt with my unit. Photo unit or not, they all emit radar signals which work the same way.

No doubt with my unit.
    Well that's perfectly clear.

Not.

Power User

No doubt with my unit.
    Well that's perfectly clear.

Not.
    Just look at this data for straight and off axis with 34.7 in the link below. Does it not give you a clear winner? Just look at it closely. If you don't see it, i don't know what to do with you. Check out the numbers.

http://www.guysoflidar.com/july-2007...ctor-test.html

Power User

laswellbill, are you still there?

laswellbill, are you still there?
    Oh man... not that piece of crap again. Very funny.