Good Citizen

Default Question about arrows

Hi all,

I've been using the 3.813 V1 lately on my highway trips back and forth from Houston to Austin and I'm very impressed with the range I'm getting with the V1.

There was one encounter however where I felt the arrows weren't too accurate. I was driving on the highway in the open road with little traffic and my V1 alerted to Ka band and started off with displaying a front arrow. Then after a couple of seconds it displayed the rear arrow also with no additional signal alert in the bogey counter. So after another couple of seconds with full Ka blast and front arrow and rear arrow both on with a bogey counter of 1, I see a cop passing by the opposite way of what I'm traveling who seems to left his Ka radar on. I don't recall if one of the arrows was flashing to signal priority but I remember both of them being lit at some point.

I know V1 can pick up reflections of one radar source since it has two antennas, but doesn't it usually alert to another bogey and display another arrow? Did the V1 pick up some sort of reflection on the highway? Is it normal for the arrows to be off like in my situation? I was kind of thrown off by the arrows in this situation.

Old Timer

i guess it was picking up from the front, but also had a strong reflection from behind?

Professional

I have noticed that too. However I thought it would show 2 bogeys as it is getting signal from both sources.

When this happens to me, usually the threat area has that arrow flashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto-radar-chopper
    I have noticed that too. However I thought it would show 2 bogeys as it is getting signal from both sources.

When this happens to me, usually the threat area has that arrow flashing.
    X2

a lot of times when they pass me up it'll show front and rear but it'll still say one, every time i've ever gotten a rear and a front with 2 bogeys it's been accurate and there were exactly two crusiers running radar

Good Citizen

Yeah the two arrows being on with only 1 bogey was the thing I thought it was strange. It displayed the front arrow and rear arrow a good couple of seconds before the cop passed me on the opposite side of the highway.

Oh well, I'm not complaining about the range I got with it though that's for sure!