Longsnowsm

Default Savin the bacon :)

Well the drive into work this morning was quite interesting. Pulled onto the 4 lane through way road I take to work and the V1 starts screaming... 3 bogies directly ahead. I slowed down, and I noticed a few others also had slowed down. We drive about 3/4 a mile and we see LEO's on bikes in the median and on the shoulder tagging cars with K band. We go past the LEO's and the V1 is still screaming the next threat is ahead so I keep it at the posted limits... A few of the other guys including a biker take off... Bang... The wolf pack was waiting ahead of us and guess who was pulled over... Not me A total of 6 LEO's on bikes hunting motorists this morning. Pretty wild.

I am pretty sure the lead car that went past me had a radar detector, but I couldn't see what it was... I imagine the rest were just Lemmings in a hurry. If they only had a V1 they would have known. I love this thing!

Drive safe, have fun...
    Longsnowsm

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Savin the bacon :)

Quote Originally Posted by Longsnowsm
    Well the drive into work this morning was quite interesting. Pulled onto the 4 lane through way road I take to work and the V1 starts screaming... 3 bogies directly ahead. I slowed down, and I noticed a few others also had slowed down. We drive about 3/4 a mile and we see LEO's on bikes in the median and on the shoulder tagging cars with K band. We go past the LEO's and the V1 is still screaming the next threat is ahead so I keep it at the posted limits... A few of the other guys including a biker take off... Bang... The wolf pack was waiting ahead of us and guess who was pulled over... Not me A total of 6 LEO's on bikes hunting motorists this morning. Pretty wild.

I am pretty sure the lead car that went past me had a radar detector, but I couldn't see what it was... I imagine the rest were just Lemmings in a hurry. If they only had a V1 they would have known. I love this thing!

Drive safe, have fun...
    Longsnowsm
    awww... another V1 moment! hehe

still waiting on mine! i just got it so give it time

thats great by the way!

I don't know about you but it takes only one cop with a radar gun to slow me down. The rest is just over-kill. Send in you story to the website and maybe you will receive a free tee-shirt .... :wink:

Good Citizen

Haahaa! We had a similar experience to that in Illinois a few years back.

Don't you just feel so smart when your driving past everyone that's getting ready to get handed a ticket?!

Professional

another example why the x50 and rx65 just cant measure up.

no wonder they dont test these types of conditions.... the competition would be embarassed.

watch, after the competition failed miserably with laser detection, next year laser testing will be omitted from the sml tests.

brent your such a unabashed v1 troll I can't be mad at you....

btw next year the guys at speedlzones have a few new tricks in store for the v1 ......

I believe one is the "how well does the v1 perform when the back antenna is shut down.... :twisted: :wink:

Longsnowsm

The funny part is that a bunch of us did slow down, but once we went past the first set of cops they all assumed that was it and were on the gas. It isn't normal for them to hunt in a large pack at that particular location so I imagine they assumed it was all clear once we cleared the first LEO's. The V1 was spot on with no ambiguity, and clearly saved my bacon. It was frustrating and funny at the same time. It is true there is a certain sense of satisfaction, and I am always thrilled when my RD does it's job. A detector really adds to my driving experience. I just went for a couple of weeks without my detector while VR was updating it... I can say that the RD really does add to driving and makes it more fun.

It still amazes me how many people drive around without detectors. I mean even a cheap Walmart detector is better than nothing, and even an affordable unit could detect this simple K band attack. As far as figuring out what is going on by locating the radar is a different matter all together. I think that is what sets the V1 apart from another detector. When LEO's are setup to hunt in packs with mulitple guns things get tricky. The V1 shines in this environment.

Drive safe, have fun,
    Longsnowsm