Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default My upgrade 3.863 - initial thougts

Well. it's back in the car and I've been out for a drive on a regular route, no police radar but one place where I pick up a very weak door opener.

My initial thoughts are that my V1 was in dire need of a tune up though I hadn't noticed prior to the upgrade, nothing to compare it to. There is one place I used to get a single dot from a set of library doors, this morning the contact with the door opener was held for longer, still just one dot but it held the contact and passed it to the side and then the rear which has never happened before, in the past I would pick it up from the front and that would be that, so I'm well impressed with my upgrade already!

Newcomer

Personally, I'm pretty happy with mine.
    in city, I'll use the "low L" and it still alerts to X, but not too chatty though.

really nice Ka performance over hills on NC Highway patrol with constant on Ka, plenty of warning on good sized hills to slow from 7-10 over PSL. Awsome rear K band detection (especially in Spring Lake - City Kitties run K band 99% of the time) plenty of detection room from behind for sure!

The unit I have stays pretty quiet, but I'm pretty rural... so not much interferance, just a couple alterts to X when going thru town (CVS and Wally world doors). I have to keep X active as NC local yocal's still run X band in some parts of the state I drive.

I think you'll get comfortable with it and enjoy it. Congrat's on the upgrade!

Old Timer

yea my dad's was out of tune and he got it upgraded to a 3.863 and the sensitivity is amazing

Experienced

Personally, I'm pretty happy with mine.
    Oh, so am I, ecstatic in fact.

I was just trying to get across that if you haven't had a tune up in a while then it is likely well worth sending your V1 in for a tune up. The sensitivity since my upgrade is amazing, I run in A mode as that isn't overly chatty where I live and I'm more than happy to pick up these "extra" door openers. The extra sensitivity is a plus.

Professional

Hmmm.....I may have to send in my 3.826 and upgrade to the .863 so I can have an Updated model..

Guess I could sale it if anyone wanted a 3.826 model and I would just grab a new one

Experienced

Any idea what the difference is in the 63 upgrade?

I upgraded from an older version than yours, but upgrading for me isn't as easy as it is for you guys with me being in the UK.

Professional

I use a new service for ordering V1's in Ontario. Call a few UPS Stores (they are independatly owned and have their differences) and ask if they will do freight forwarding.

If they do, have your unit shipped there and then have them ship to you in the UK. Only downfall is you have to use UPS which to the UK is overnight service at around $75 USD.

Old Timer

Holla i have a 3.826 and my dad has a 3.863...the detection is pretty much identical except for id say his is maybe 5% more sensitive because it is brand new...the 3.826 is one of the most stable versions so im thinkin about just sending mine in to VR to get it calibrated in a couple months...

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by hockey005
    Holla i have a 3.826 and my dad has a 3.863...the detection is pretty much identical except for id say his is maybe 5% more sensitive because it is brand new...the 3.826 is one of the most stable versions so im thinkin about just sending mine in to VR to get it calibrated in a couple months...

True--thats what I have heard as well!

Good Citizen

how do you know its 5% more sensitive?