Newcomer

Default V1 ultra stealth install?

Would it be possible (has it been done) to do a complete stealth install? I mean; disassemble the V1, mount the sensors at the front and rear of the car, and have the electronics somewhere else? :?:

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: V1 ultra stealth install?

Quote Originally Posted by sefs
    Would it be possible (has it been done) to do a complete stealth install? I mean; disassemble the V1, mount the sensors at the front and rear of the car, and have the electronics somewhere else? :?:
    Not really because you want the detector on the highest point of the vehicle. Making it that way will only really benefit from not being able to steal it out of your car.

It's easy to make it stealth... I'd post pictures of my install but it's not complete yet and it's really stealth. I have to point out where the detector is for you to even notice it a little bit from the outside of the car.

Radar Fanatic

I doubt it would do much for the stealth of the detector in the presence of a VG-2. wouldnt taking it apart mean all the exposed circuitry would leak like crazy?

Experienced

wouldnt taking it apart mean all the exposed circuitry would leak like crazy?
    Yup, I reckon so.

The only thing you should have mounted at that sort of height would be a jammer. Basically you're disabling the V1 by placing it in a position where it is least proficient.

Good Citizen

my all black car with black tinted windows all the way around is stealth enough. Nice and Dark no one can see that bad boy

mounted high visor left of rear mirror.

Lead Foot

hardwired visor mounts are very stealth, especially if you have tint and yor car is always dark inside....my x50 is on my visor and unless ou know to look for it, your not going to notice it

Good Citizen

xxbillay I agree with you! You can't seem to find it when its clipped on the visor. Everyone forgets to mention the visor.

Radar Fanatic

Sorry, by mistake got on the V1 forum as I use the STI and before an S2, but I cannot agree more with the tint analysis, got a black car, 20% tint for the front side windows and LIMO tint all the way behind the front seats, the STI up by the visor, CD holder black as well, cannot make it any more stealthier than this and fully functional as well :wink: